Ads is often the most data-heavy, latency sensitive and technically demanding part of any online business. Our Ads Billing and Payments engineers work on a wide team charter, from the front-end tools for managing advertiser account states to back-end platforms for payment processing and invoice distribution. We are the shepherds of Reddit's cash, so we prioritize stability and accuracy in system architecture.
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that turns Reddit into a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
Note: we are open to candidates based and authorized to work anywhere in Canada
- Create and maintain back-end services that support our billing and payments needs
- Create tools for our sales and ad ops teams to manage high-quality advertisers
- Build billing pipelines for collecting and reporting on revenue, including anti-fraud capabilities
- Build a deep understanding of our company problems and develop solutions to those problems
- Mentor and coach other engineers at Reddit
- Contribute to team direction, enforce quality standards for code and documentation, provide feedback to peers
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Go)
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project, from inception to implementation
- Proven track record in understanding customer needs and building products that meet requirements
- Strong foundational knowledge of system architecture patterns
- Interest in the advertising business a plus
- Billing and payments experience a plus
- Canada based
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.