Senior Android Engineer, Growth
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced Android Software Engineer to add fuel to the fire. Reddit is among the most visited websites in the world, and mobile has been on a tear. The Android app DAU has nearly doubled year over year and continues to be our highest growth platform.
In 2020, Reddit will continue to invest in new product experiences to help connect new and existing users to the content we're sure they'll love, and the communities they'll feel right at home in.
If you're the kind of person who is motivated by rapid development, new product initiatives, user experiences, and content creation we’re interested in speaking with you.
What We’re Working On
- Driving new features from end-to-end though prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
What We Can Expect From You
- Expertise in Java with 3+ years of experience within Android development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment.
Back to top