Senior Android Engineer, Econ
- San Francisco, CA
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Special Projects team at Reddit is exploring a different vision of how the Internet can work. The Internet is the most important public square in history. Billions of people use it every day to connect with each other, share ideas, and do business online. It shapes economies and elections, relationships and futures.
Our goal is to tear down the walled gardens and restore the balance of power online. We believe there are new models for the Internet that put power back in the hands of people, and we believe they will be found. Among large social networks, Reddit has a distinctive product and user base that is uniquely suited to realizing this vision.
We are hiring a Senior Android Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
- Expertise in Java or Kotlin with 5+ years of professional Android experience
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment
- Improve the performance and stability of our most critical features
- Work with product owners to identify gaps in platform functionality
- Spearhead the full Android development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
Nice to Haves:
- Advocacy and mentoring of junior engineers seeking to accelerate their skills and responsibilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; everyone is a startup CEO
- Loves to operate in an experiment driven environment.
- Recognize, validate, and evangelize technologies and architectures that align with business objectives
Back to top