IT Help Desk
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
About the Team:
Help Desk is part of our I.T. team and plays a vital role keeping our employees and facilities performing at their finest. Serving as a first point of contact for inbound requests, you have a strong commitment to customer service, enjoy technology and have an aptitude for problem solving.
About the Position:
Our Help Desk role is an entry level position that provides Tier 1 support. They are focused on desk-side support, resolving end user requests and maintaining IT assets. You will:
- Provide a white-glove support experience: assist your co-workers with application support, system troubleshooting and procurement requests
- New hire prep: image laptops, deploy software, hardware and provide new Reddit employees everything necessary to be successful
- Keep the office functional, health checking conference rooms, digital signage and check-in systems
- Manage I.T. inventory: Stock, organize and deploy software/hardware. Maintain purchasing and expense reporting
- Be mobile as you move around the office to resolve issues, setup desks and AV for events
- Document common/repetitive requests and expand our internal self-help knowledgebase
- Help support your peers and in general lend a hand around the office
- You will be given the chance to grow, so come hungry!
Our Help Desk techs are savvy, resourceful and committed to delivering an exceptional end user experience. Things we are looking for in a candidate include:
- Strong Mac experience and some exposure to Windows and/or Linux systems
- Experience providing IT/helpdesk support through an Internship or in a business or retail setting
- Excellent communication skills and “deskside manor”.
- Exposure to cloud services like G Suite, O365, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Slack, etc
- Experience performing software configuration and troubleshooting for Mac and Windows OS
- Be comfortable responding to concurrent requests and by prioritizing them
- Highly motivated, you will join a small team of high-performers where a positive can-do attitude is essential to our collective success.
Back to top