Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Growth division at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple teams. The mission of the Retention team is to help new and casual users understand the value of Reddit. This is achieved by streamlining the new user journey via content personalization, deeper connections to communities and improved user experiences. Ultimately, this team is responsible for driving long-term retention through organization-wide efforts, which the retention track will help the company maintain a focus on.
If building and leading the team unlocking the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
- Build, hire, and lead a world-class team of software engineers
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent vision for user onboarding and retention systems that supports and enables Reddit’s growth
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, launch, and monitoring
- Desire to get better, to help others get better, and to have a large positive impact on a large number of people.
- 2+ years experience supporting and growing engineering teams on mobile apps.
- 5+ years experience developing software.
- Experience managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems hosted in cloud environments
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.