Director, Sales Strategy & Operations
Reddit is looking for a Director to lead our Sales Strategy & Operations team. Sales Strategy & Operations is responsible for core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, and ongoing business operations management.
This is a unique opportunity to drive vision, strategy and execution for the Reddit advertising sales team in a high growth environment. In this role, you will engage directly with executive stakeholders to to ensure Sales Strategy & Operations’ scope, structure and execution aligns directly with their needs and drives towards achieving their revenue goals. You will define, launch and oversee programs that expand Sales Strategy & Operations team’s role in serving Reddit’s advertising businesses. You will develop the team’s vision, define team organization, drive people planning, hiring and development, and lead through a period of rapid growth.
You will also take on broad spectrum special projects ranging from designing resource allocation models to managing roll-out and reporting of new sales enhancement processes/platforms and tools. Your job will also include in depth quantitative analysis of key Reddit usage trends/inventory analysis in addition to other sales operations metrics with a particular focus on problem solving and creation of scaled systems and processes. You will work very closely with Senior Sales leaders in the Operations and Sales teams to quickly understand issues and implement solutions.
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity.
You will embed yourself with the sales team and become the strategy and operations backbone for those teams. Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and partners in the Sales, Finance, Revenue, Marketing, and Support organizations critical to maintaining or developing long-term relationships with key brands and agencies. You are the go-to person in the Reddit Revenue org if anyone wants to know “what is happening”. You will often independently identify issues, problem solve, and with enthusiasm drive solutions - people come to you when they have a tough problem and don’t know how to solve it.
- You will work directly with key sales leaders on critical strategic, organizational and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity and operational efficiency.
- You will work with our cross functional partners (Sales teams, Revenue engineering, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements.
- You will structure and execute on these projects by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations.
- You will build automation and scalability, optimize operational processes, and ensure seamless integration, in particular, around systems, tools, and technology
- You will work with Sales, Marketing and other teams to identify and fix problems in our Sales process to drive the scaled acquisition of customers
- You will design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, territory planning, and budgeting.
- You will track key data and maintain our reporting processes (spanning all key sales pipeline, productivity metrics, and forecasting)
- You will drive sales compensation design, modeling and managing sales quotas, and plan administration ensuring plans are aligned with philosophy and organization goals
- You will drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across teams, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key sales management meetings.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and longer term resource needs.
- You will help find opportunities to improve sales team efficiencies, and lead efforts to scale standard methodologies across the organization.
- You will conduct strategic market insights including competitive landscape analysis to help formulate go to market plans.
- You will actively participate in building Quarterly business reviews with the sales teams.
- You will lead projects, see around corners and provide coaching and thought partnership to your team.
- You will lead a team of sales operations professionals, including hiring, development, and oversight of team and individual initiatives
- 10+ years work experience
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Comfortable to work in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Experience leading and managing teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with specialisation in marketing, finance, business, or related field of study.
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using a consulting approach to identify and build go to market strategies
- Facilitation experience and the ability to lead programs such as strategy planning sessions.
- Experience working across multiple functions/ business units, influencing and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs
- Management consulting experience a big plus.
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
- Experience in the digital marketing industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms.
- Experience working with Salesforce, pipeline management, and billing software
- Experience working with sales operations function/ similar function in other companies
- Familiar with SQL or any other form of database querying language a plus.
- Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS.
Back to top