User Experience Researcher
Redbubble begins with a global community of insanely talented individuals. 400k+ independent artists who make their creations available on select lifestyle products. A shirt with an evil cat. An iPhone case with a hipster pirate. Whatever your thing, Redbubble has an uncommon design that smacks you right in the heart. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped us grow revenues over 50% in just the past year! (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.) Founded in Fitzroy, Redbubble now has main offices in the CBD, Melbourne, Australia; South of Market, San Francisco; and our newest office coming soon to Berlin, Germany!
A wee bit of background
As one of our User Researchers, you will be working closely with our Web Product team, ensuring our products are user-centric through the planning and execution of research methods leading to actionable insight. Curious by nature, you will mix the art of storytelling with the science of analysis. You love experimenting with different ways of connecting with customers. As a marketplace, Redbubble serves two different customers with very different needs - which offer great research opportunities!
How you’ll make an impact
Conduct generative and evaluative research using a wide variety of methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science. Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs. Collaborate with Analytics, Data Scientists, Market Research to uncover or further support finding with a wide variety of inputs. Mentor designers, product managers and engineers in research techniques and how to leverage insights to better inform their decisions. You have the ability to be innovative and are experimental in your approach and methodologies.
What you’ll bring to the Bubble
- 3 or more years conducting hands-on product or customer experience research, ideally at a retail/e-commerce or software company.
- Experience with a diverse set of methodologies (e.g. usability testing, cognitive walk-throughs, IDIs, remote testing, field studies, focus groups, diary study and surveys) across multiple platforms and devices.
- You are inquisitive, you will ask, and can also answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Ability to to “connect the dots” You can wrangle various data sources available from different groups within the company
- We love a good storyteller and communicator, ability to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders about complex analysis is kinda of an art here
- Comfortable with ambiguity and comfortable within an Agile / Lean Startup work process environment.
- Nice to have Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Design, Master’s degree preferred.
- You are flexible, open-minded and with a good sense of humour.
- You have experience conducting international/cross-cultural research.
Life Inside the bubble
It all starts with our people, and that is why we have some fantastic benefits including free food and a world class office in the heart of the CBD with some of the brightest and most committed! We also pride ourselves on things like transparency, and an open culture. You’ll get heaps of flexibility with how you work and should always feel safe bringing great ideas to the table.
Oh, and between your research sessions, you can step away into one of our daily meditation sessions or weekly Redbubble Band practices! Where else can you get that all in one place?
Back to top