Lead Product Designer
At the heart of Redbubble is a community of over four hundred thousand creative independent artists who make their creations available on a large selection of lifestyle products. An iPhone case with a hipster pirate. A throw pillow with pink flamingos. A sweetheart mug. Whatever's your thing, Redbubble has that unique product you didn’t even know you were looking for. As for the people behind the platform? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat; an inspired mix who are helping spread creativity all over the world.
A wee bit of background
Our Melbourne-based Web Product Team is comprised of multiple cross-functional teams dedicated to high-profile projects ranging from engagement to new market development. We are looking for a talented and thoughtful Lead Product Designer to join our growing Web Product Team to help us expand our capability in solving real-life problems for both our artists and customers.
As a Lead Product Designer your role is to envision, design and validate delightful experiences for our users. You will be working closely with researchers, engineers and product managers. Our product design team believes in a highly collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and a natural curiosity for our customers and their needs. We get excited about solving user experience challenges using simple empathetic solutions and are passionate about the regular involvement of our users in the design process.
Be prepared to use your full range of product design skills including visual design, interaction design, research, analysis and prototyping. You will be developing solutions which impact millions of users who love design related products!
Day in the life of a Lead Product Designer
- Actively contribute to Redbubble's product strategy.
- Be a mentor and role model to less experienced designers.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers in the discovery and execution of opportunities.
- Lead user research initiatives within your team including writing discussion guides, moderating validation sessions and conducting interviews.
- Leverage insight to uncover user problems and opportunities.
- Explore user problems via flows, wireframes, designs and prototypes before putting them in front of users.
- Ensure interfaces remain high quality and cohesive throughout implementation.
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams.
- Collaborate effectively with a genuinely open attitude and actively seek feedback.
- Share creative excellence and enthusiasm for meaningful design.
What you’ll bring to the Bubble
- 6+ years experience designing digital products.
- Experience directly managing and developing a small team of designers.
- Insightful design thinking, strong visual design, information architecture, experience flows, wireframing, prototyping and a propensity for experimentation.
- Solid understanding of technical requirements and limitations of web platforms.
- Deep knowledge of modern UX patterns.
- Experience designing for a wide device and platform spectrum.
- A strong understanding of front-end technologies.
- Capability to communicate a strong rationale behind your solutions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
- A track record in delivering value to business strategy.
- Experience working in a lean agile team. Understanding of delivering incremental improvements, not a big bang.
Life Inside the Bubble
Our culture attracts well-balanced people with a deep passion for our mission and active lives outside of work. That is why we have fantastic benefits including a fully stocked kitchen and a generous personal learning budget to aid your personal development! We also pride ourselves on things like transparency, and an open culture. You’ll get heaps of flexibility on how you work and always feel safe bringing great ideas to the table. Oh, and in the middle of your strategy sessions, you can step away to spend time in our meditation room or join our weekly band practice! Where else can you get that all in one place?
How to apply
Does this role float your boat? Apply now with a portfolio that showcases your best work.
Meet Some of Redbubble's Employees
Customer Experience Hero
Steve engages with the social community in order to help answer customer inquiries and offer solutions to any issues artists and users experience with the website.
Back to top