Data Scientist Software Engineer
Hi, we're Redbubble!
Redbubble begins with the world’s largest collection of artist shops. A shirt with an evil cat. An iPhone case with a hipster pirate. Whatever your thing, Redbubble has an uncommon design that smacks you right in the heart. (All available on nearly 60 products.) As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped us grow revenues more than 50% in just the past year. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.) Founded in Melbourne, Australia, Redbubble now has main offices in the Central Business District of Melbourne, the SOMA area of San Francisco, and our newest office in Berlin, Germany.
A wee bit of background:
Redbubble is a platform with millions of works configured at scale for production on dozens of products. Each minute we look for new ways of improving the experience for visitors and enable them to find and discover content that packs true meaning. We are looking for a Data Scientist Software Engineer to join our growing tech team so that we can keep connecting artists and their works with art lovers. Some interesting initial projects on day 1? For starters, natural language processing, personalisation, search and a lot more. You will even get to translate complex, unstructured problems into conceptual frameworks. In this role you will be responsible for building and deploying advanced analytical solutions, implementing machine learning algorithms and utilising strong software engineering skills to deliver a smoother experience for our users. We know. Way cool!
How you’ll make an Impact:
- As a Data Scientist Software Engineer, you will work closely with Engineers and Product Managers, to take the data science capability of Redbubble to the next level
- Have the opportunity to use algorithms and data to contribute to product roadmap
- Derive user insights through balancing mathematical rigor and innovative algorithms to make a difference to people's lives
Problems you will solve:
- Optimise product feed for external acquisition
- Build and improve search and recommendation experience on Redbubble
- Build predictive models for improving user experience
- Build and improve spam content detection system
What you’ll bring to the Bubble:
- A strong foundation in software engineering with competency in system design
- A solid understanding of graph algorithms, machine learning, numerical optimisation and statistics backed
- Experience working with advanced analytics techniques, including non-structured data, dealing with large-scale, noisy and sparse dataset and joining datasets from multiple sources
- Experience building end-to-end machine learning products
- Broad analytical capabilities through using R, Python and SQL
- Experience in exploratory analysis in an e-commerce environment
- Experience in analysing A/B experiment results
- A product-first mindset to identify most valuable works to prioritise
- Formal education in a computer science discipline
Life at Redbubble
It all starts with our people and that is why we have fantastic benefits including free breakfast and lunch and a generous personal learning budget to keep you up to date! We also pride ourselves on transparency, compassion for our people and having a safe inclusive environment.You’ll get heaps of flexibility on how you work and be part of a culture where anyone in the team can bring a great idea to the table. Oh, and in the middle of your coding sessions, you can step away to spend time in our meditation room or join our weekly Redbubble Band practices! You can read more about the sorts of things our TechTeam is up to at Art+Tech.
Meet Some of Redbubble's Employees
Customer Experience Hero
Steve engages with the social community in order to help answer customer inquiries and offer solutions to any issues artists and users experience with the website.
Back to top