At the heart of Redbubble hosts a community of creative independent artists who make their creations available on a number of lifestyle products. An iPhone case with a hipster pirate. A throw pillow with pink flamingos. A sweetheart mug. Whatever's your thing, Redbubble has that unique product you didn’t even know you were looking for. As for the people behind the site? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat; an inspired mix who are helping spread creativity all over the world.
A wee bit of background
Redbubble is an online marketplace dedicated to all things creative. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing tech team so that we can keep connecting artists and their works with art lovers. Redbubble is a platform with millions of works configured for scale on dozens of products, so we are constantly looking for new ways to improve the experience for visitors and enable them to find and discover content that is meaningful to them. The Data Scientist role is a crucial component to a smooth discover experience for our customers and because we have a fresh culture it means everyone gets to contributes to business direction and has the opportunity to see their ideas come to fruition; whether you're someone who likes to optimise or a creator with new ideas, everyone gets airtime.
Impact you will make:
- As a Data Scientist, you will be working closely with Engineers and Product Managers to take the data science capability at Redbubble to the next level
- The opportunity to use data to make a difference to people's lives
- Driving insight from data contribute to product roadmap
We’d love to talk to you if the following sounds like you:
- Data driven product development mindset
- Experience working with advanced analytics techniques, including non-structured data, dealing with large-scale, noisy and sparse dataset and joining datasets from multiple sources
- A product-first mindset to identify most valuable works to prioritise
- Experience working at an e-commerce/internet company
- Excellent communication skills
- Bonus to have experience with data APIs (including commercial APIs), micro-services and data platforms
We are looking for candidates with :
- You have a strong foundation in computer science with competency in algorithms and system design
- A solid understanding of statistics and machine learning backed by a formal education in computer science discipline
- You have experience in exploratory analysis in an e-commerce environment
- You have experience in consumer analytics
- You have experience in analysing A/B experiment results
- Working knowledge of SQL and R or Python
Life Inside the Bubble
It all starts with our people and that is why we have fantastic benefits including free breakfast and lunch and a generous personal learning budget to keep you up to date! We also pride ourselves on transparency, compassion for our people and having a safe inclusive environment.You’ll get heaps of flexibility on how you work and be part of a culture where anyone in the team can bring a great idea to the table. Oh, and in the middle of your coding sessions, you can step away to spend time in our meditation room or join our weekly Redbubble Band practices! You can read more about the sorts of things our TechTeam is up to at Art+Tech.
Back to top