Category Manager - Apparel
Redbubble begins with a global community of insanely talented individuals. 400k+ independent artists who make their creations available on select lifestyle products. A shirt with an evil cat. An iPhone case with a hipster pirate. Whatever your thing, Redbubble has an uncommon design that smacks you right in the heart. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped us grow revenues over 50% in just the past year! (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.) Founded in Fitzroy, Redbubble now has main offices in the CBD, Melbourne, Australia; South of Market, San Francisco; and our newest office coming soon to Berlin, Germany!
A wee bit of background:
Ever dreamt of developing your own Apparel Category? We’re looking for a leader who will further develop the Apparel Category into a stand out product category for the Redbubble business. Imagine shaping processes and being responsible for building this category and delivering on a strategy which will change the face of print on demand and online retail. Are they goosebumps on your arm, are you REALLY that excited? Awesome, this is the role you’ve been looking for. Our Melbourne-based Physical Product Team is looking for a Category Manager who will innovative and target product assortments which our creative consumers will love to buy!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Create and implement a Category Strategy, that works hand in hand with the wider businesses strategy... How will you contribute to Redbubbles goal of becoming an $1bn company in 5 years?;
- Develop Product Plans that compliment Brand Plans – monitor, review & track progress, as well as identify gaps in the product portfolio and incorporate findings into the Product Plans;
- OWN IT! Roll up your sleeves... develop end to end processes for launching seasonal ranges, with full ownership and accountability of the category;
- Thinking caps welcomed… Implement Strategic initiatives with Web-Product, Marketing, Design & Operations teams, to address tactical and strategic opportunities.
- Share your strategic insights and knowledge with your direct team and across the business, educating key stakeholders on the power of product - show us what you’ve got....;
- Develop your peeps into world class Product Managers and Assistant Product Manager! We’re passionate about a lot of things, and career development rates high on this list.
- A collaborative member of a team and can easily work with both purpose and autonomy
- Able to approach the most challenging situations with the highest element of positivity
- Charismatic and confident in communicating 360 degrees and across all levels of the business
- Uncommonly creative and develop innovative ways to translate insights into physical products.
- Agile and able to adapt to a dynamically evolving environment. You accept risk as progress and change as the norm.
- Willing to travel the world… identifying the Big Things and the Small Things we need to do to become a $1bn company in 5 years. Time zones give you wings. Stretch targets are your yoga.
What You’ll Bring to the Bubble:
- A minimum of 5 years in a Category Management Leadership role (or similar)
- End-to-end experience with Category Management
- Experience in an Apparel focused business
- Degree in Fashion, Design, Business, Marketing or equivalent
- A personal interest in the intersections of art, creativity and technology
It all starts with our people, and that is why we have some fantastic benefits including free food and a world class office in the heart of CBD with some of the brightest and most committed! We also pride ourselves on things like transparency, and an open culture. You’ll get heaps of flexibility on how you work and always feel safe bringing great ideas to the table. Oh, and in the middle of your strategy sessions, you can step away into one of our daily meditation sessions or weekly Redbubble Band practices! Where else can you get that all in one place?
Your Privacy: If you apply for a job or contract with us we will collect the personal information that you provide as part of your application. We may also collect personal information from recruitment consultants, previous employers, referees and publicly available sources to help us decide whether to offer you the job or contract.
Back to top