Associate Creative Director
Hi, we're Redbubble!
Redbubble begins with the world’s largest collection of artist shops. A shirt with an evil cat. An iPhone case with a hipster pirate. Whatever your thing, Redbubble has an uncommon design that smacks you right in the heart. (All available on nearly 60 products.) As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped us grow revenues more than 50% in just the past year. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.) Founded in Melbourne, Australia, Redbubble now has main offices in the Central Business District of Melbourne, the SOMA area of San Francisco, and our newest office opening soon in Berlin, Germany.
A wee bit of background
When you create visual campaigns for a creative company, the stakes are high. Over 400k artists are looking to see what we will do next. And we eat it up, because we’re always trying to one-up ourselves. To help us scale our creative capacity, our Creative Team is looking for an Associate Creative Director based in San Francisco, who will lead a team of visual designers and become a trusted partner to our Creative Director. For an experienced art director/designer, this is a rare chance to guide a team and deliver content that will be viewed by millions each month.
How you’ll make an impact
- Lead and execute a courageous visual creative strategy
- Able to translate vision (and help evolve) from creative director
- Work across the organization and in partnership with Creative Director to provide cutting-edge, original content (photography, video, etc.)
- Contribute your imaginatively, bold visual design capabilities as a model to enhance the level of capacity on the team
- Provide visual art direction for multiple cross-functional campaigns, including efforts in social, paid acquisition, email, and localization.
- Translate strategies into compelling and innovative creative that engage our customers and artists building upon the impact and desirability of our brand
- A visionary who has a psychopathic understanding of your target audience
- A design genius with a sixth sense that brings brands to life
- Someone with a diverse portfolio that expresses the soul/spirit of each brand
- A compassionate people manager that enjoys teaching others
- A great time manager and can easily balance design deadlines with meetings and 1on1s
What you’ll bring to the Bubble
- 10+ years experience in design, both in-house and agency environments
- People management experience in design, either directly or indirectly
- A comprehensive portfolio that contains work you’ve done with some of the best global brands, some that you personally have helped create
- Success working with all levels of an organization
- An ability to remain calm and focused under pressure and when handling multiple projects
Back to top