Recombine is advancing personalized medicine by responsibly translating developments from the fields of genomics and computer science into cost-effective, cutting-edge genetic diagnostics in a way that is ethically upstanding, medically meaningful, clinically actionable, and practically useful for patients and providers. Our engineering team is looking for innovative, passionate self starters to join our small, but growing team of engineers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Architecting, building, scaling our platform.
- Solving hard problems.
- Making the complex simple
- Driving execution
- Expert level experience in Scala.
- Experience developing large scale distributed systems. Solid understanding of cloud based technologies such as AWS.
- You take pride in your work and have a keen eye for what makes a product great. You know how to create extraordinary products that developers love to use.
- Strong communication, partnership and self-management skills. You will be working with multiple engineering and product teams.
- You are constantly trying out new languages and frameworks on your own time - Scala, Clojure, Node, Akka, etc.
- You are active in the open source community. You have a github account and would be happy to share with us some of the projects you have started or contributed to.
- You are interested in APIs, big integration and big data challenges.
- You know when to choose appropriate technologies for the team to use; iterate quickly on ideas and push them out to customers in a continuous fashion; assist junior members of the team by performing code reviews and providing technical advice
- Participate and contribute to an environment where collaboration & cross-over of domain expertise (genomics, computer science, medicine, data-science, finance, clinical genetics) helps to drive an industry forward to improve healthcare.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and matching 401(k).
- Group outings, lunches, happy hours and co-workers who inspire you every day.
Back to top