With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
To execute our growth strategy we are looking for a Partner Manager to help us support the ReCharge Sales and Partnerships Team. As a Partner Manager you’ll be responsible for owning the management and delivery of assigned partner events projects, acting as liaison among merchants, sales, marketing, account management, product development and external vendors.
What You'll Do
A real day in the life of a partner manager
- 8:00 Gmail + tea
- 9:00 Zendesk + coffee (things are ramping up, extra caffeine needed)
- 9:30 Daily scrape (going through yesterday’s signups to uncover new agencies)
- 9:50 Partner DM on slack - one of my 50 partners has an emergency and needs attention. A build that was supposed to launch today has migration issues. Looping in Solutions Engineering for extra eyes on the issue.
- 10:00 Scheduled call with agency partner (things get a bit hectic, slacking with other partner to resolve migration issue while being on the phone with the agency - talk about multitasking!)
- 11:00 Updating hubspot (CRM) making sure agency intros are handled
- 12:00 Lunch!
13:00 Stepping through a proposed build with an agency (agencies often want confirmation on their proposed build making sure it will work on ReCharge)
- 13:30 Daily phone + email outreach to some of my partners (goal is to keep every one of my 50 partners engaged and updated on latest features - that takes a lot of reaching out!)
- 16:00 Finished with outreach for the day
- 18:00 Local event hosted by a tech partner (always important to be present at events within our ecosystem)
A month in the life of a partner manager
- See three to five builds launch through agencies that were nurtured and guided by you (and get heaps of thanks from partners when things go well!)
- Bring in $15,000,000 of annual processing pipeline of good enough quality so sales to close $6,500,000 of annual processing out of it
- Spend 3 weeks at home and 1 week traveling meeting agency partners in cities like New York, San Diego, Toronto and Atlanta (or wherever the partners are)
- Speak to half of your partners in depth including going through their client list and prospective clients
- Had two partner calls every day and sent out a dozen partner related emails
- Team: To build a world-class Partner program.
- The result of which is a growing funnel of sales-qualified and well-supported net-new leads and Pro-upgrades to the growth pod via our network of Agency Partners.
- Building relationships and advocacy through continual genuine engagement with Partners. Including; regular calls, attending their offices, local events, meetups, dinners and conferences. Ensuring Partners receive the appropriate support from the ReCharge team and in a timely fashion.
- Educating; ensuring all key partners’ wider teams are well informed of new product release and roadmap. This is typically driven through remote or in-person “lunch and learn” sessions or bringing agencies to our workshop series.
- Prioritization. Having confidence in the Partners we’re staking as “Strategic” - continually requalifying their position and being comfortable making tough decisions to de-prioritize where appropriate. Being aware of the fast-moving ecosystem and managing a changing funnel of agency prospects yet to be engaged.
- Partner: Ensure we’re valued as a “top tier” partner to our agencies, that ReCharge is seen as providing a genuine value-addition and is an organic part of their recommended tech stack.
- They should feel confident we have a genuine interest in the growth and development of their business/team and that we’re supporting that. PMs should ensure their partners are heard by building feedback loops on product requests, bug flags and involving them with our Product Managers where appropriate.
- Make them feel confident they’re getting the right advice and responses, even if that is a difficult position of saying “no” or realigning expectations.
- Continually do the right thing for our Partners and shared merchants.
- In summary: “We have a far better relationship with ReCharge than any other partner by a landslide. That’s based on shared vision, ethics and good business behaviour.” - Thomas, Scoutside
- Company: Embrace all the core concepts of ReCharge.
- Empathy; we are supporting individuals and teams who are building businesses alongside and based-on ReCharge.
- The Partner team’s impact on revenue and growth is significant, to sustain our growth we need to Ownership of how and where we can drive additional dealflow and value with our agencies.
- The agency ecosystem moves quickly and we’re a small team.
- Simple solutions are essential for PMs as we need to ensure we’re impactful whilst dealing with regular travel, partners with limited scopes of work, increasingly complex deals and partners with a wide variance of technical capabilities.
Main daily activities
- Professionally address partner inquiries and concerns via slack, phone and emails/tickets and nurture partner relationships
- Manage the lifecycle of your assigned partners (~50 total) and ensure we have a full picture of each partner, have educated all relevant stakeholders within each partner and receive adequate deal flow from the partner.
- Identifying opportunities to develop deeper relationships with partners.
- Discover and engage new partners and consistently upgrade your partnership accounts
- Communicate clearly and succinctly to customers and stakeholders.
- Own initiatives and network with solution engineers/consultants and others involved in the process.
- Proactively consult with partners and internal stakeholders via all communication pathways: calls, meetings, slack replies, etc.
- Develop strategies to engage and educate our wider agency partner ecosystem.
- Build and maintain our CRM for partners.
- Use a customer-focused, value oriented consultative sales approach to educate agencies on what products will best meet their business needs; building long term relationships
- Perform business, product and technical demonstrations to agencies and prospective clients as needed
- Independently manage a pipeline with multiple prospects, utilizing Hubspot to document progress
- Drive numerous accounts simultaneously, each at different stages
- Conduct in depth market research to identify and qualify new account opportunities
- Close business to achieve, if not exceed monthly metrics
- Participate in industry trade shows, conferences, and third party sponsorships for ReCharge.
- Manage internal and external communication around dealflow
- Create lead generation tactics and track results
- Manage deal flow of your partners team
- Provide feedback and guidance to your partners
- Provide metrics, KPIs and dashboards to management as well as your team
- Travel to partner meetups, events and partner offices to conduct lunch & learns
- Gather relevant feedback, data and news from the wider tech/agency partner ecosystem
What You'll Bring
- Results-oriented focus on activities that will lead to increased deal flow
- Being well-liked by and respectful to everyone around you
- Excellent communication skills and diplomatic in difficult or stressful situations
- Technical understanding to help partners scope builds & solutions
- Willingness to travel to partner offices and event locations
- Good negotiation skills to tell partner "no" sometimes but also to advocate internally for the partner
- Strong critical thinking skills and a creative approach to penetrating new accounts and to address issues with out-of-the-box solutions
- Professional representation of ReCharge over the phone and in-person
- Becoming a partner advocate ensuring ReCharge is seen as a partner, not a vendor
- At least 3 months working the CS general or CX queue to understand the tool and the team.
- Understand ReCharge as a system, tech-stack, our tools, features and capabilities.
- Proactive outreach - shadow the PMs on tickets and calls before the move happens to ensure the job is clear and understood
- Comfortable with phone calls and dealing with C-level or very technical partners.
Other important skills
- Previous experience with sales, account management or extensive experience with customer service.
- Comfortable pitching ReCharge to new partners
- Strong work ethic with the ability to overcome objections and building trust
- Proficient in reading our documentation, specifically the ReCharge API docs
- Knowledge in Salesforce/Hubspot CRM, email/phone outreach, SQL a plus
Other important information:
- Job title: Partner Manager
- Department: Growth-Partnerships
- Reporting to: Partner Lead
- Travel: 25% - 35%
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Back to top