Warehouse and Logistics Manager
About the role:
Direct and manage logistics function to meet customer requirements and profitability goals. Plan and execute logistics strategy in order to ascend to world-class status, and create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for developing, documenting, and executing a global comprehensive logistics and distribution strategic plan which will drive optimal customer service and profitability.
- Manage and optimize a global supply chain logistics network with multiple distribution centers.
- Manage and provide daily guidance to 3PL provider. Monitor and provide feedback to 3PL regarding metrics and cost targets.
- Ability to plan and implement project to internalize the work currently performed by third party logistics vendor.
- Establish and communicate metric system that is consistent with the logistics strategy.
- Work with ship site location managers to improve operation and performance metrics, provide information, recommendations, and coordinate project implementation for transportation and logistics cost reduction opportunities.
- Identify mode optimization opportunities.
- Adhere to company policies and the ability to create and implement policies with regarding to Air Freight, expedite fees, and other freight expenditures.
- Provide forecast projections for inbound and outbound freight expenditures by month and quarter.
- Ensure that logistics functions are performed in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner consistent with established corporate and customer requirements.
- Develop, implement and sustain processes to reduce costs and improve customer service. Develop and communicate metrics to support these efforts.
- Develop and implement efficient and effective facility processes, policies and procedures.
- Assure a positive work environment by focusing on morale, associate relations, and administering discipline in a consistent manner.
- Plan and Manage Logistics/Freight spend. Responsible for transportation analysis and savings/cost opportunity analysis and the implementation and management of cost analysis measures.
- Provide guidance and assure compliance with Department of Transportation, Freight Classification, Harmonization Coding, Country of Origin, NAFTA Certificates of Origin, and C-TPAT management and compliance.
- 5-7 years experience managing logistics in a comparable environment.
- Experience with LTL, FTL, Air, small package and/or Ocean transportation
- Experience with air-freight and critical delivery situations a plus
- In-depth knowledge of business, logistics and transportation
- Strong negotiation skills
- Advanced PC computer proficiency: Distribution Management Software, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and generate results in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills.
- Written and oral communication skills; presentation and training skills
- In-depth interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to relate to different cultures, language, and people, resolve problems and conflicts and demonstrate trust and integrity
- Demonstrated team and individual leadership skills: decision-making, analytical, customer service and organization skills
- Knowledge of logistics related environmental and safety regulations and practices
Meet Some of RB's Employees
Associate Brand Manager
Bunmi seeks to unlock new consumer insights and develop long-term strategy for growing the brand he supports, a role which also entails managing promotions and other daily tasks.
Back to top