Sr. Associate, External Product Development – Existing Brands
Sr. Associate, External Product Development - Existing Brands
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and experienced Sr. Associate, External Product Development - Existing Brands to join our R&D team in Salt Lake City, UT.
The purpose of this role is to lead key product development activities delivered through strategic external partnerships and alliances within the newly established External PD & Strategic development partnership team. This role is responsible for the global development of new products, processes and systems in support of RB's Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements (VMS) business objectives.
- Deliver new product development per defined innovation pipeline through external product development partnerships.
- Partner with project manager and project representatives from Regulatory, Medical/Clinical, Marketing, Quality, Supply Technical, and Procurement to deliver product development milestones against time line, budgets and defined quality attributes.
- Develop the target product profile and lead the product development plan, while working closely with project managers to manage the project time line, budget, and resource requirements.
- Define, manage, and execute on timelines related to all aspects of formulation portion of product design from concept to commercialisation.
- Provides technical guidance for all product development related activities.
- Respond effectively to changes in project priorities and needs.
- Leverage internal and external resources to achieve project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve project issues by working with team members, project owners/stakeholders, and external parties
- Responsible for providing technical guidance and coaching to the team to maximize their career growth and development and ensure high engagement across the team
- Contribute significantly to the innovation pipeline of the VMS business via ideation & conceptualising.
Skills & experience required:
- Education in applied sciences or relevant major. Microbiology is desired. Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years (or master's degree with 6+ years) relevant experience in appropriate discipline and/or measurable business and technical accomplishments.
- Desired: 5 years of successfully leading technical teams, mentoring and developing direct & indirect resources.
- R&D experience in terms of product development & the typical approaches utilised to go from concept to product is essential. A healthcare/nutrition innovation background with probiotic experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of establishing relationships and working with external partners & suppliers to deliver innovation into the pipeline is also essential.
- Strategic planning, consumer understanding, resource management and good commercial understanding
- Demonstration of a can-do mind-set, results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organisational capabilities
- Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in interacting with, and influencing senior management
- Experience of working in partnerships with suppliers through correct legal frameworks & informal contacts and demonstrated ability to effectively manage third party partners & contract manufacturers.
- Commercial 'savvy' - good understanding of corporate and operational business issues and opportunities
- Excellent communication skills. Very good attention to detail and strong analytical capacity.
Is this You?
- Ability and experience to plan, organize, and execute major development projects as well as perform a variety of project tasks and management functions for projects that cross all of RB's product lines in the VMS Category.
- Strong leadership, influencing, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of building strong internal and external working relationships and motivating teams to deliver outstanding results
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump though endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RM empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through better rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Back to top