Shopper Insights Manager
Shopper Insights Manager
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Shopper Insights Manager to join our Sales team in Parsippany, New Jersey.
About the role
The primary objective of the Shopper Insights Manager is to initiate, develop, synthesize, and translate all available shopper data, research and insights to support the activation of in-store category growth platforms. In addition, position RB as the in store shopper solution provider.
Working in partnership with Trade Marketing, Category Management, Sales, Marketing and Research, the position holder is directly responsible for the full development of the national shopper research roadmap in their respective categories in the support and development of category growth platforms and in-store communication. They will work in partnership with Customer Category Management in the development of all customer specific research, translating all research to insights, and insights to activation. All work will be focused against supporting and informing the GSM and LSM, 4Ps and NPD, with a primary focus against placement and presence.
- Own the development and management of the annual Shopper Research Learning Plan
- Align all key stakeholders (PO1 Team, CCM Teams, Sales Teams) to Shopper and Category Research Plans
- Assist Trade Marketing with the development differentiated category growth platforms
- Develop in-store communication plans through the analysis of all available data and insights
- Synthesize all available data sources (Global/Local) in the development of Shopper Playbooks and profiles
- Identify all critical knowledge gaps and develop plan to address and prioritize
- Work with CCM Teams in the mining of available shopper loyalty data to develop predictive shopper behavior capability
- Develop the Shopper Path to Purchase for their respective category
- Be the in-store communication experts
- Develop the in-store shopper communication (education) hierarchy and language for the category
- Validate in-store category growth and communication platforms
- Partner with Customer Category Management teams in development of customer specific research and in-store platform development
- Be an authoritative voice on the shopper to the commercial organization
- Represent the Category Development/Management Teams as part of the PO1 Teams
- Liaise with Market Research and agencies to determine appropriate methodologies
- Manage direct relationship with shopper research vendors (ex. Harris Interactive)
- Assist in the development of LSMs and 4Ps through an understanding of customers, categories, consumers and shoppers to maximize growth and profitability
- Work with CCM Teams to customize 4P strategies and plans to align with and support the retailers shopper and category strategy
- Effectively negotiate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders and influence key decision-makers to improve in-store presence & shopper conversion
- Contribute to NPD meetings by representing the shopper's viewpoint to improve the effectiveness and applicability of the final go to market strategy
- Understand and consider the impact of own decisions and independent action within other RB units and wider business
- 5+ year's experience in successfully leading the development of shopper and in-store category growth platforms on a national, channel, and customer level
- Proven track record of influencing within cross-functional relationships with key decision makers.
- Proven ability to develop strong long term client/ customer relationships
- Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully
- integrate different streams of information into sound proposition, inclusive of customer specific data including dunnhumby, Extra Care, GRM, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Syndicated Data (IRI, Panel Data, Shopper Sight)
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Nielsen/IRI)
- Highly proactive with strong time management & organizational skill
- Proven political understanding & resilience demonstrating the ability to operate on their own with demanding customers
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top