Reliability Technician-Electrical (RTE)
- Understand and utilize PdM Technologies (Lubrication, Ultrasonic, Thermography, and Vibration Analysis) to condition monitor and predict equipment failures in a proactive maintenance environment.
- Gathers baseline and continuing operational data on critical equipment assets to ensure assets are running optimally in a 7 x 24 environment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and provide continuous improvement for Nutritional Processing and/or Packaging equipment involving mechanical components.
- Perform PdM Routes using PdM Technologies (Thermography, Ultrasonic, Vibration Analysis)
- Perform preventive maintenance including, but not limited to asset inspection, overhauls and frequency based tasks
- Assist manufacturing representatives, Project Engineering, Contract Engineering, and departmental personnel on new equipment installation.
- Provide input for planned equipment maintenance
- Update computerized maintenance system with accurate and timely information related to work performed
- Perform analysis of circuits, wiring, diagrams and specifications to install, repair, service or replace electronic devices.
- Calibrate, program, troubleshoot, repair and adjust programmable logic controllers, limit switches, motor controllers, and other electronic/electrical facilities related equipment.
- Be in compliance with procedure reviews.
- Evaluate and modify control software; update prints and program discs.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency around work order completion and documentation of work performed.
- Ability to balance safety, quality and productivity while performing work according to all applicable GMP environmental regulations.
- Use CI Tools such as 5 Why for root cause analysis and problem solving
- Have a two year Associate Degree in Mechanical Technology (or equivalent), plus at least one (1) year of experience, or
- Have completed a certified machine repair apprenticeship program (or equivalent), plus at least two (2) years experience, or
- Have a minimum of five (3) years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience or manufacturing operational experience.
- Have strong team oriented skills and excellent interpersonal skills,
- Be a self-starter, be able to work effectively with minimal supervision, and good organizational and planning skills,
- Be willing to learn new job-related skills, and have good troubleshooting and analytical skills.
The RTE B23 Craft training program will consist of up to a 1 Year Training period with a combination of classroom Maintenance Training and On-The-Job Training (OJT). Skill specific training will be provided as needs are identified. Team and interpersonal training will be provided as a continuing part of the performance improvement process. The selected candidate will be expected to be a fully functioning team member at or before the end of the training period. A skills assessment evaluation will be completed to determine capability. Safety, GMP, and regulatory required training will be provided.
A B23 Trainee upon successful completion of the training program will not automatically be raised to the B24 Level. Advancement opportunity will only exist when a RTM B24 becomes vacant. The RTE B24 vacancy will then be posted and interviews will be conducted with selected qualified candidates.
Must be able to work 8 hour shifts in a 7 day operation (subject to change), weekend, holiday, and overtime work required.
NOTE: This position will require the employee to work with chemical, radiological, or biological agents that may be hazardous to health if mishandled (including agents which may potentially affect reproduction or the fetus). Employees will be required to follow all safety procedures and use personal protective clothing/equipment where specified
Back to top