R&D Technical Project Lead
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and experienced R&D Technical Project Lead to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT.
• The Technical Project Lead serves as technical expert on new product development projects and provides leadership and counsel across brands to deliver new products to market in line with the VMS Category Strategy.
• Responsible for the development of new products, processes and systems in support of RB's dietary supplement / health food business objectives.
• Applies principles of Consumer Healthcare (OTC) product development to formulate dietary supplements. Within given timelines, executes all aspects of formulation from bench-top to manufacture. Provides technical support for these activities.
• Responsible for translating product specifications into holistic, multi-sensorial and effective products that are able to be manufactured meeting target costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver on the agreed VMS Innovation pipeline by actively driving projects from initiation to completion.
• Partner with project manager and project representatives from Regulatory, Medical/Clinical, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Technical, and Supply to deliver product development milestones against time line, budgets and defined quality attributes.
• Input on product development plan, time line, budget, and resource requirements.
• Develop target product profile and critical quality attributes.
• Ensure developed product conforms to legislative, Health and Safety and environmental requirements.
• Independently design and execute experimental work to test hypotheses at bench top, pilot plant and plant level and obtain valid results consistent with project objectives. Analyze data to provide a relevant interpretation, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations for active projects. Recommend next steps to move project over technical hurdles.
• Author technical protocols, reports and dossiers for regulatory submissions
• Understand ingredient interactions and their implication on product stability.
• Understand the benefit and functionality of raw ingredients as they pertain to finished products.
• Review ingredient, process and finished product specifications and nutrition/supplemental facts panels and labels.
• Seek out and apply new technologies through university and suppliers to enhance competitive advantage. Competitively insulate projects by developing patents and trade secrets.
• Assist in the creation and execution of descriptive and comparative sensory protocols to characterize product sensory attributes and quantify differences. Understand statistical design for comparative studies. Analyze data and make recommendations based on statistical methods. Utilize sensory/consumer data to refine product formulation.
• Manage copacker and external development partner relationships
• Continuous improvement of product development and related processes
• Be responsible for team member development to enable them to achieve their full potential.
• Education in scientific major. PhD with 8+ years (or Master's Degree with 10+ years) relevant experience in appropriate discipline and/or measurable business and technical accomplishments.
• Minimum 6 years of successful experience interacting effectively with key functional and business partners (Project Management, Regulatory, Medical/Clinical, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Product Supply, and Management) to solve problems, negotiate use of limited resources and resolve conflicts.
• Broad knowledge base of pharmaceutical sciences and processing and demonstrated competence within VMS/Healthcare/FMCG environment to develop and launch new products.
• Strong formulation knowledge and understanding of chemical interactions.
• Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organizational capabilities, a bias for action, and the capability to define, evaluate and take risks
• Strong leadership, motivational, interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills overall.
• Global mindset, with a good commercial understanding (corporate and operational)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, develop tactics and measurable implementation plans and able to transform solid thinking into action
• Strong intellectual curiosity with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories and an openness to change and ability to think out of the box
• Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising on deliverables
• Fast paced. Tired of having to jump though endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
• Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
• Autonomy. RM empowers you to OWN what you do.
• Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
• Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
• Passport Stamps. Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
• Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
• Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
• 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
• Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
• Tuition reimbursement.
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top