R&D Manager, Pilot Plant & Technology Platforms
A fantastic opportunity is available for an R&D Manager, Pilot Plant & Technology Platforms to join our Research & Development team.
The R&D Manager, Pilot Plant & Technology Platforms is responsible for all pilot plant and development lab operations on site to ensure that R&D activities within the facility achieve quality, safety, and delivery targets.
Generally, the R&D Manager, Pilot Plant & Technology Platforms is responsible for supporting the R&D Sr. Manager in ensuring the necessary procedures, processes, facilities and equipment are in place, together with appropriate technical staff training in order that the function and its facilities continue to meet with the business needs and to appropriate internal and external standards.
This role is responsible to identify, assess, and implement new manufacturing technologies, processes, or equipment within R&D to deliver competitive advantage and differentiation of new consumer products in the marketplace.
The role is to provide formulation science capability, compliance, excellence and innovation to speed the delivery of innovative products to market.
This role requires knowledge and experience of engineering, production management, team leadership, maintenance project management, EHS management, GMP compliance, and continuous improvement tools, ensuring all appropriate resources are focused on the delivery of the R&D project goals.
- Responsible for all pilot plant operations by ensuring all products are manufactured in accordance with quality standards and to an agreed schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring all pilot plant operations are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with State and Federal regulations, including company policies. Maintains pilot plants at audit ready status.
- Primary R&D contact with regulatory agencies such as Fire Department, EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Supports manufacture of new and existing products in pilot plants
- Formulation Expertise: includes a general knowledge of pharmaceutics, processing and key procedures (e.g. Quality by Design/ICH Q8, Process Design and Qualification and Technology Transfer).
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by proactively identifying new technologies that could have application to new products and/or enhancements to existing products and performance.
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment
- Empowers the pilot plant team to take ownership for their work processes and improvement plans, to be fully autonomous to ensure KPI targets are achieved.
- Accountable for ensuring sufficient and flexible work processes are developed in conjunction with R&D leadership team and then implemented flawlessly throughout pilot plant.
- Leads and manages the training program of pilot plant personnel to ensure appropriate skills are available for current and new projects.
- Procedure management (e.g. SOPs), training strategy and implementation
Is this You?
- A BS Degree in an engineering/scientific discipline and demonstrable experience in project management and team leadership with at least seven years' experience and a strong preference for at least three years' product development of pharmaceutical or dietary supplement products
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to communicate and negotiate on difficult topics.
- A working knowledge of cGMP as applied to the area and experience fronting audits is required.
Strong background and experience in safe work practices and ability to provide leadership to team in supporting EHS management system.
- Knowledge and understanding of formulation science and manufacturing technologies, including: pharmaceutical (nutraceutical) solid dosage manufacturing and processing operations, equipment qualification, and process validation.
- Ability to implement new systems of control that empower pilot plant teams to own, sustain and develop further.
- General knowledge of typical manufacturing and laboratory systems (e.g. qualification, CAPA, training methods) and ability to rationalize systems to maximize efficiency of the function is desirable
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver .
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through bette rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of RB's Employees
Associate Brand Manager
Bunmi seeks to unlock new consumer insights and develop long-term strategy for growing the brand he supports, a role which also entails managing promotions and other daily tasks.
Back to top