R&D Manager, Outside Innovation & Technology, Lysol-Harpic
- Montvale, NJ
R&D Manager, OI and Technology, Lysol-Harpic
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a R&D Manager, OI and Technology, Lysol-Harpic to join our R&D team.
The Manager Outside Innovation / emerging technology role is integrated within Hygiene - Home Lysol/Harpic Innovation and responsible for leading the external assessment of outside in (OI) opportunities/technologies and their proof of principle.
- You will support the delivery of OI innovation opportunities to Hygiene Home Powerbrand category product pipelines - driving the outside-in mentality to create new platforms, segments and complimenting existing portfolio via authentic consumer relevant innovations
- You will work closely with Marketing as the key R&D leader to lead the identification, scoping and sizing of new business opportunities to grow said Powerbrands
- You will help to foster networks within the business to deliver cross-category opportunities and scale-up new ideas.
- Lead the identification and testing of new business models / routes for R&D innovation to get to market.
- Lead the internal collaborative / cross-functional identification of emerging/OI technology opportunities, ensuring delivery of:
- Innovation to Lysol/Harpic pipelines in line with CDO objectives for business and category growth
- NPD & base innovation to the category pipeline.
- Innovation opportunities, as part of 3YP and for opportunistic / strategic innovation investment, for priority CMUs.
- Champion OI team partnership to deliver against RB commercial & cross-functional teams
- Help identify and test new business models / routes for R&D innovation to get to market - including emerging markets, direct to customer, digital etc.
- Partner with other OI /technology teams to share best practices and scalability of ideas.
- New projects delivered to the pipeline - including technology platforms, and whitespace / adjacencies to brand of focus
- Ensure focus on CDO and relevant IMEX/PO1 partners
- This is an innovation delivery role with a clear focus on bringing NR to the pipeline for Lysol & Harpic. Key stakeholders are the R&D Director/VP/SVP and respective brand marketing teams.
- Delivering new technologies and innovations through to technical feasibility and into brand innovation pipeline.
- Proactively working with the R&D/Marketing to identify key business challenges and to define and scope the opportunity.
- E nsuring a focus on the short term "tomorrow" rather than long term "future" - maximising short term wins
- Creating innovation strategies, aligned against category 3YP and brand priorities
- Innovation push vs. business pull
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- BS/BA/MS degree in a related science and 5+ years' experience or PhD in a related science and 3+ years' experience
- Relevant FMCG industry experience in a CPG company
- Track record of identifying partners, technologies, working within joint developments and driving to successful conclusion
- Intellectual property management
- Previous innovation experience in New Product Development with examples of successful product launches from outside partners
- Broad experience across multiple brands and categories
- Experience of working closely with commercial colleagues and an understanding of corporate and operational business needs
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate scientific information is essential
- International understanding and flexibility to travel / work across locations and time zones
- Experience of guiding teams and working with ambiguity
- Strong people, influencing and relationship skills built in a complex matrix environment
- Significant experience embedding outside-in innovation/technology into commercial propositions
- Experience in new ways of working and new ways of innovating
- Creative and open attitude, especially to new partners, with a delivery and action focus.
- High level strategic thinking and articulation of strategic recommendations into compelling, actionable solutions
- Ability to influence senior R&D, marketing and commercial stakeholders
- Experience of international assignment is an advantage.
- Strong business experience including commercial/marketing strategy, consumer understanding, planning, budgeting, priority setting and project management.
- True out of the box thinkers, who will approach the Home Hygiene categories with an open mindset and are not easily frustrated by internal hurdles/blockers. Excellent working relationship with the R&D category teams and commercial teams will be a must to ensure success.
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through better business. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave .
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top