R&D Manager, Lysol
- Montvale, NJ
R&D Manager, Lysol
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a R&D Manager, Lysol to join our R&D team in Montvale, NJ.
The R&D Manager will lead a technical team with global responsibility to deliver innovation and new product development projects to market, in line with Category Strategy across the Lysol Innovation portfolio.
Specific responsibilities for the R&D Manager will include the following:
- Partner with global Marketing, Manufacturing and key functional groups to define strategies and advance initiatives successfully through the product development process, delivering innovations based on unmet consumer needs
- Contribute to the Category Innovation process and support the implementation of a technology strategy to underpin long term Category pipeline development
- Work with Category Management to develop clear Project Development Briefs, managing technical resources
- Following approval of Project Briefs, to be accountable for
- The achievement of project development milestones and objectives.
- Liaison and motivation of the appropriate RB functions and external resources to ensure completion of all activities to plan.
- The timely completion of specifications, support data and generation of the Technical Dossiers for project handover.
- The management the interface with Regional R&D Operations teams / Supply to ensure "seamless" project handover to manufacturing, launch to the market and subsequent roll out.
- Allocation of resources within the team to meet agreed project objectives and timelines within the Category strategy
- Develop sound commercial knowledge and a close relationship with the Category and Business Team(s) to understand needs ensuring the development team is responsive to business needs.
- Build a cohesive, motivated and professional team within a results-oriented culture, where personal responsibility/initiative, teamwork, and mutual respect are key.
- Be responsible for the development of his/her team members to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Recruit team members to ensure strengthening of the bench.
- Responsible for ensuring that all development activity within the team conforms with legislative, Health and Safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide support to other internal functions as required.
- Proactively track and respond to competitor threats by
- understanding their development activities
- advising Category Team(s) and the business of competitor threats
- identifying technical solutions in response to such threats
- A minimum of bachelor's degree in a science or related discipline is required
- 6+ years' experience within FMCG company, with experience in product development, product adaptation in surface care or personal care products
- Strong formulation expertise with understanding of raw material chemical and physical interactions
- Experience in consumer product research, testing and qualification is desired
- Experience in surface cleaners, hard and soft surfaces
- Experience with technologies in laundry care, laundry additives is desirable
- Experience with development of EPA/Biocides products within GMP environment is desirable
- Experience with recruitment, management and development of people.
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organisational capabilities, a bias for action, and the capability to define, evaluate and take risks.
- Good leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Global mind-set, commercial understanding of corporate and operational business issues.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, develop tactics and measurable implementation plans and able to transform solid thinking into action.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong intellectual curiosity with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories and an openness to change and ability to think out of the box.
- Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising on deliverables
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps . Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top