R&D Manager Disruptive Innovation
- Montvale, NJ
R&D Manager Disruptive Innovation
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a R&D Manager Disruptive Innovation to join our R&D team in Montvale, NJ.
The Manager Disruptive Innovation role is integrated within Global Health Innovation and responsible for leading the internal collaborative / cross-functional start-up of disruptive innovation (DI) opportunities.
- You will support the delivery of disruptive innovation opportunities to RB's Health category product pipelines - driving the insurgent and agile mentality to create new platforms and authentic consumer relevant innovations
- You will work closely with Marketing as the key R&D leader to lead the identification, scoping and sizing of new business opportunities to grow RB's portfolio of products and brands
- You will help to foster networks within the business to deliver cross-category opportunities and scale-up new ideas to expand our brand footprints
- Lead the identification and testing of new business models / routes for R&D innovation to get to market.
- Lead the internal collaborative / cross-functional start-up of disruptive innovation opportunities, ensuring that the innovation team delivers:
- whitespace innovation to RB's pipeline in line with CDO and Emerging Science & Technology objectives for business and category growth
- NPD & base innovation to the category pipeline - through utilisation of innovation team and other R&D resources
- disruptive innovation opportunities, as part of 3YP and for opportunistic / strategic innovation investment, for priority CMUs, Markets, and Brands.
- Champion the innovation team partnership to deliver against RB commercial needs in partnership with Outside-Innovation, Connected Innovation, and Consumerization teams as well as other RB cross-functional teams
- Help identify and test new business models / routes for R&D innovation to get to market - including emerging markets, direct to customer, digital etc
- Help to foster network within the business to deliver cross-category opportunities in the RB Health business segment
- New projects delivered to the pipeline - including category driven, cross-category technology platforms, and whitespace / adjacencies to RB business
- Ensure focus on CDO and relevant IMEX/PO1 partners
- This is an innovation delivery role with a clear focus on bringing NR to the pipeline. Key stakeholders are the R&D Director - Disruptive Innovation and R&D Directors / CGD's for the respective category and global functions and in-market business partners.
- Projects will be resourced using dynamic resourcing model with input from business lead team and EST / Category Management. A key part of this role will be assessing the resource need for the projects and communicating accordingly to the Manager / Senior Manager Disruptive Innovation.
- Proactively working with the Health category and New Platform teams (Marketing/ R&D/ Consumer Insights) to identify key business challenges and to define and scope the opportunity.
- Lead/Support identification of consumer, technology, medical and regulatory insights that facilitate realisation of innovation ideas as defined projects with clear opportunity sizing and level of investment required.
- Funding proposals for the biggest opportunities in the respective category will be recommended to the R&D Director - Disruptive Innovation.
- E nsuring a focus on the short term "tomorrow" rather than long term "future" - maximising short term wins
- Creating innovation strategies outside of, but, aligned against category 5YP and health business priorities
- Balancing commercial needs with leadership demands, which sometimes conflict
- Maintaining the portfolio management way of working and resourcing whilst delivering
- Working in a matrix - cultural change required in RB
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- BS/BA/MS degree in a related science and 5+ years' experience or PhD in a related science and 3+ years' experience
- Relevant consumer healthcare industry experience in a pharmaceutical, OTC, nutritional, medical device or life sciences company is required
- Previous innovation experience in New Product Development with examples of successful product launches
- Broad experience across multiple brands and categories
- Experience of working within a category product development role and comprehensive understanding of the product development process
- Experience of working closely with commercial colleagues and an understanding of corporate and operational business needs
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate scientific information is essential
- International understanding and flexibility to travel / work across locations and time zones
- Experience of guiding teams, managing in a matrix and working with ambiguity
- Strong people, influencing and relationship skills built in a complex matrix environment
- Significant experience across the key R&D matrix functions, particularly the R&D development functions, - from conception to launch
- Experience in new ways of working and new ways of innovating
- Creative and open attitude, especially to new partners, with a delivery and action focus.
- High level strategic thinking and articulation of strategic recommendations into compelling, actionable solutions
- Ability to influence senior R&D, marketing and commercial stakeholders
- Experience of international assignment is an advantage.
- Strong business experience including commercial/marketing strategy, consumer understanding, planning, budgeting, priority setting and project management.
- True out of the box thinkers, who will approach the Nutrition, Health Relief, Health Wellness & Health Hygiene categories with an open mindset and are not easily frustrated by internal hurdles/blockers. Excellent working relationship with the R&D category teams and commercial teams will be a must to ensure success. Experience within RB Health category segments / industries desirable.
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps . Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top