R&D Manager, Aircare
A fantastic opportunity is available for an R&D Aircare US Innovation Hub & OI Manager to join our Research & Development team.
Lead the development of the US Aircare pipeline in partnership with the US Category Marketing team, as well as supporting the identification and set up of external sourcing strategy,
- Lead and manage US Aircare Innovation Hub, accountable for providing R&D input and leadership to the development of innovation and product strategies, identifying and building strategic 3rd party relationships, competitor understanding, IP opportunities and working with other functions as needed to deliver these initiatives.
- Manage and deliver approved NPD/EPDs projects according to the agreed brief, meeting performance/claim requirements, cost targets and milestone plans. Ensure complete product dossiers are available for all projects.
- Lead local ideation process to feed the Global pipeline (NPD/EPD/Claim & BDIs)
- To develop sound commercial knowledge and close working relationship with the Category teams, ensuring the team is able to respond to business needs.
- Develop local strategic partnerships (Suppliers, External labs, KOLs, Institutes, Outside Innovation)
- Promote the use of Open Innovation/Partnerships and increase the amount of externally sourced technologies in the Airwick Pipeline
- Build the external partnership network in the US/Americas region to provide broader exposure to new and relevant external innovation
- Manage partnerships with external providers through formal legal agreements and informal communications
- Provide the business with access to data, samples, and information from external parties to facilitate development
- Technology transfer : In-country Factory Implementation of Global NPDs & EPDs (when lead country).
- Map local competition , include in the database and submit samples for benchmarking analysis
- Responsible for management and development of a high performing team - to both enhance their delivery in role and to continually strengthen the people 'bench' by supporting and encouraging personal and career development
- Educate key stakeholders (marketing, supply, etc.) on technology and product specifics.
- Lead the delivery of local facility improvements, namely: offices and laboratories. Ensuring that a professional and compliant working environment is provided for the team.
- Ensure that facilities and processes are operated with a prioritization to Health and Safety and also to the required standards of good manufacturing and laboratory practice. Ensure that all work performed is subject to the scrutiny of internal and external auditors.
- May have to manage an assigned budget.
Is this You?
- Bachelors degree in relevant scientific discipline at minimum, MBA or postgraduate qualification preferred
- Minimum 7+ years R&D experience with a proven track record of planning, prioritization and implementation of projects as well as identifying cost saving opportunities
- Minimum 3+ years of proven work experience in managing team of scientists / engineers in the research or technology (relevant industry field)
- Proven experience with recruitment, management and development of people (4 years of managerial experience)
- Proven experience in delivering innovation, managing team, but also demonstrated great ability to understand business needs and partners with commercial team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills especially with demonstrable evidence of success delivering to external clients
- Proven experience working in multifunctional and multicultural global project teams
- Proven track record in collaboration with R&D and non-R&D functions
Ability to design and manage an end-to-end product development process that includes:
• development of innovative concepts, claims, formulations and packaging;
• application of quality, sustainability and regulatory standards;
• effective selection of scale-up strategies, equipment and process parameters;
• market research and performance testing;
Ability to manage a technology portfolio and create competitive advantage by:
• identification of possible relevant innovative technologies (outside innovation);
• mapping technologies to business and market needs;
• communication and implementation of technology strategy in the product development process;
• recognising when to invest in technology development and when to withdraw to ensure constant value of the product to the consumer;
• guidance to production and operations management, project management, quality control, safety and health issues, statistics, and sourcing;
Ability to achieve complex goals by finding and adapting the best possible methodology of planning, organizing, motivating, negotiating, communicating, controlling resources and procedures to ensure optimised cost, risk, quality and speed of delivery.
Ability to identify consumer unmet needs, understand motivations and behaviours by effective selection and implementation of consumer research methods. Translation of insights into actionable product measures, enabling the R&D team to design products for maximum success on shelf and in home.
Ability to manage, control and optimise budgets for teams and projects by planning, predicting and analysis of expenditure.
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to carry out development work independently as a member of larger team
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Capable of building strong working relationships within and outside RB, to deliver outstanding results with or without hierarchical relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral (in English). Additional language is an advantage.
- Openness to change and ability to think out of the box.
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver .
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through bette rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of RB's Employees
Associate Brand Manager
Bunmi seeks to unlock new consumer insights and develop long-term strategy for growing the brand he supports, a role which also entails managing promotions and other daily tasks.
Back to top