R&D Category Manager (VMS)
R&D Category Manager (VMS)
RB is different: 'good enough' isn't good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Mucinex, Durex, Delsym, Enfamil, and Lysol.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a R&D Category Manager (VMS) to join our team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
About the role
The R&D Manager will lead a technical formulation team with global responsibility to deliver product development projects to market in line with the VMS Category Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver on the agreed VMS Innovation pipeline by actively driving projects from initiation to completion with a R&D Category Development Team
- Contribute to the Category Innovation process by initiating new projects and influencing to get these on to the agreed pipeline
- Lead a formulations team with global responsibility for the introduction of new development projects and enhancement of existing products in line with the defined Category Strategy.
- Generate and/or evaluate the technical content of Project Development Briefs and to ensure that all R&D sections are complete and consistent. Following authorisation of the Briefs, to be accountable for
- the achievement of project development milestones and objectives, working cross business and with direct team members
- meeting consumer and product performance and success criteria as set out in concept and brief
- satisfactory handover to manufacturing and launch in market with appropriate quality.
- Develop a sound commercial knowledge and a close working relationship with the Category Innovation and R&D Global Innovation teams to understand stakeholder needs, thus ensuring the development team can respond to business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all development activity within the team conforms to legislative, Health and Safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide support to other internal functions as required & lead strategic initiatives as needed.
- Proactively track and respond to competitor threats by
- understanding their development activities
- advising Category Team(s) and the business of competitor threats
- identifying technical solutions in response to such threats
- Partner with Internal and External partners to enhance development within the VMS category in line with wider company Emerging Sciences and Technology (EST) strategic platforms.
- Manage copacker and external development partner relationships
- Develop and/or support development of appropriate operational models
- Continuous improvement of product development and related processes
- Build a cohesive, motivated and professional team within a results-oriented culture, where personal responsibility/initiative, teamwork, and mutual respect are key.
- Be responsible for the development of his/her team members to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Liaise with and motivate the matrix of resources outside of the R&D team required to ensure delivery against the development pipeline.
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree in a science or related discipline is required.
- 6+ years' experience and demonstrated competence within VMS/Healthcare/FMCG environment, ideally in a team lead position
- Relevant experience of VMS underpinning technologies is preferred
- Experience with recruitment, management and development of people
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organisational capabilities, a bias for action, and the capability to define, evaluate and take risks
- Good leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills
- Global mindset, with a good commercial understanding (corporate and operational)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, develop tactics and measurable implementation plans and able to transform solid thinking into action
- Strong intellectual curiosity with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories and an openness to change and ability to think out of the box
- Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising on deliverables
- Understanding of strategy and planning, consumer understanding, priority setting and project management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation plans and able to transform solid thinking into action (a thinker and an achiever)
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top