Quality Control Microbiologist Lead
RB is different: 'good enough' isn't good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
This role will do the following:
- L ead the QC Microbiology team through daily functions to support manufacturing to ensure on time release of product.
- Act as a consultant on all microbiological issues relating to the site processes and products.
- Take front-line responsibility for the microbiology laboratory to ensure efficient operation.
- Coordinate environmental monitoring sampling and trending of results.
- Support new installation for hygienic design.
- Show passion for quality by taking responsibility and ownership for compliant processes.
A fantastic opportunity is available for you to join our Quality team.
- Conducting analysis in accordance with relevant Good Manufacturing & Laboratory Practices.
- Lead the daily activities of the micro team , ensuring effective use of resources to meet cust omer service requirements.
- Ownership for the customer service, quality and cost within the micro lab.
- Train personnel in the application of proper micro techniques, use of instrumentation, software applications, methods/procedures, and maintain training.
- Maintain micro laboratory and equipment.
- Delegate tasks to the micro team and ensure completion.
- Perform data review and approval of testing results.
- Perform micro investigation on non-conforming results following site SOPs
- Author review OOT/OOS reports.
- Interpret data trends and escalate OOT/OOS to leadership effectively
- Gather and review historical data to support chain risk analysis.
- Maintain high standards of laboratory housekeeping of the micro laboratory.
- U nderstand and follow health and safety systems and ensure that work is performed using safe working practices.
- Author and review technical documents and procedures.
- Review and approval of technical documents, including specifications.
- Initiate change management actions and deviations using site Quality Management System.
- Testing, review, consultation on micro related issues with the site R&D team.
- Oversee site environmental monitoring (EM) schedule, sampling, testing and reporting.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on micro related testing.
- Provide microbiological expertise on other site projects within operations and engineering/technical.
- Strong written and verbal communications to leadership, co-workers and vendors.
- Ensure audit readiness and be the l ead subject matter expert for audit activities relating to microbiology.
- Support team continuous improvement planning and execution.
Maintain deadlines and site KPIs in a fast-paced and regulated environment.
- Provide clear and effective communication throughout the supply chain.
- Be flexible in a rapidly changing environment to support site operations.
Is this You?
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time microbiological laboratory experience. Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Requires experience with USP/BAM in performing bioburden testing, pathogen screens and water testing.
- Knowledgeable in environmental monitoring of production facilities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to work cross functionally.
- SAP and Trackwise data systems experience a plus.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Ideally experience in dietary supplements or pharmaceutical GMP/GLP.
- Ability to work independently and make educated decisions.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- High level of accuracy in working practices with close attention to detail.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to support customer service and site projects.
- The business language at RB is English, therefore fluency in English is essential.
- Align with RB core values: The candidate will be:
- Achievement focused
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Display entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving
- Demonstrate tenacity, tough-mindedness and ability to influence others
Exhibit strong team working abilities and commitment
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top