Job Overview and Scope
The Project Engineer will lead and implement projects on the MJN Evansville Campus. The Project Engineer will be responsible for scope definition and control, budget control, project schedule, construction management, project safety, and ensure project compliance with all MJN policies and all applicable regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, FM Global, etc.).
- Creates, identifies and implements new and innovation solutions and technologies in support of improved safety, quality, customer service, GMP and continuous improvement and optimization of processes.
- Effectively be able to communicate issues, goals, and objectives and manage competing requests in a complex, changing environment with multiple customers.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver solutions on time and on budget.
- Generate Stage Gate, Capital Appropriation Requests, Asset List, and other project specific documentation.
- Create and control project scope.
- Provide monthly project status updates and financial forecasts to stakeholders.
- Generate bid packages and procurement requests per procurement policies.
- Create project budget and ensure it is adhered too.
- Effectively applies economically viable principles in alignment with business needs.
- Communicate project schedules and align outage and shutdown needs with stakeholders.
- Complete project safety reviews, permits, and documentation to ensure projects are implemented safely.
- Ensure all contractors are operating in a safe and compliant manner and following all MJN policies.
- Participate in installation, qualification and validation activities.
- Must be willing and able to work off-shift, weekends and Holidays to maximize opportunities for equipment availability to perform routine maintenance and equipment enhancement tasks.
- Perform all functions in full compliance with corporate policies and procedures and all other applicable environmental, health, safety and GMP requirements.
- Supply technical information and guidance to the Maintenance team for spare parts, predictive maintenance and preventative maintenance to increase equipment reliability.
- Applies structured problem solving analysis techniques utilizing engineering principles and practices to provide solutions to product processes, controls, facilities, and equipment issues.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Strong knowledge Project Management principles.
- Proven decision making skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, administrative and people skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Results oriented, accountable for decisions.
- Ability to establish rapport and energize employees to work as a team.
- Mastery of customer service skills.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- The ability to quickly and accurately review information, develop plans, and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Lift 25 pounds
- Stand for extended periods
- Climb stairs
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
Back to top