Job title: Planner (Production)
Location: US Manufacturing Plant - St. Peters, Missouri
Join Reckitt Benckiser and you'll join a global CPG powerhouse, whose Power brands hold No. 1 positions in seven worldwide market categories. We've built our success on a quick-thinking, fast-acting culture, so you can look forward to a role that will have real impact on a business that continues to outpace the global markets.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Planner (production) schedules product lines to meet changing daily/weekly/monthly forecasts while managing inventory levels and schedules. The Planner reviews and acts upon order release, action exception messages generated, and coordinates Bills of Materials in an MRP environment. Products produced in this plant include brand names such as Lysol, Old English, Woolite, Resolve, Jet Dry, Finish, and etc. This position is key to the plant's successful achievement of Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost objectives.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly/weekly/daily production, inventory deployment and capacity plans developing and maintaining master production schedule to ensure proper flow of material across the product supply chain for assigned Household Products
- Reviews daily sales activity for assigned brands working closely with Logistics Centers (LCs), co-packers, distribution planning and sales forecasting and adjusts short term production schedules to minimize risk of service issues.
- Places releases with supplies for components and raw materials against contracts set up by Corporate Purchasing.
- Reconcile negative inventory balances, issues with in-transits and RB plants, invoices, obsolescence and related transactions.
- Manages FG and raw/packaging inventory levels to meet corporate, plant and individual goals.
- Maintains data accuracy within the ERP system on an as needed basis. This includes ensuring BOMs are accurate, scrap factors are set-up, supplier lead times, order quantity strategies and production run size information is up-to-date.
- Maintains strong working relationships with all departments within the plant and with all external customers and suppliers.
- Monitors, tracks and makes work order adjustments in the ERP system to ensure reporting of design configuration variance is accurate.
- Manages all EPD projects to ensure launches occur on schedule for assigned brands. Participates in NPD projects to ensure the planning responsibilities are covered for new product launches.
- Maintaining profile of co-packers in the supply chain, including and maintaining ABC classification for FGs, order quantities, safety stocks, days forward coverage, lead times, production rates, etc.
- Help develop and provide tools and systems to to assist co-packers in delivering KPI's
• BS degree in supply chain management or other business/sciences related discipline
- 3-5 years of actual hands on MRP planning, scheduling implementation or related system knowledge and having a good understanding of production operations.
- Strong interpersonal communication and team based skills are essential
- Effective project management skills
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in implementing and/or using ERP and related computer systems and technologies in areas of demand planning, MPS, RCCP, MRP, etc.
- Strives for Continuous Learning to Keep Skills up-to-date, i.e. APICS certification
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, JDE, SNP (SAP experience a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibility
Back to top