- St. Peters, MO
RB is different: 'good enough' isn't good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Production Planner to join our Belle Mead Planning team !
About the role
As a Planner, you would be responsible to schedule product lines to meet changing monthly forecasts while managing inventory levels and schedules. Reviews and acts upon order release, action exception messages generated, and coordinates Bills of Materials in an MRP environment.
- Creates weekly production schedules for assigned brands utilizing tools and systems such as SNP2, JDE, MPS, and MRP, taking into account inventory available and customer service goals/targets.
- Utilizes Factory book in SNP2 to fix and firm up production plan four weeks out.
- Balances production schedules with respect to available capacity on weekly basis.
- Reviews SNP2 daily for Alerts, Projected Inventory Report (PIR) levels and Resupply to ensure correct stock distribution to Logistics Centers and to maintain desired safety stocks levels.
- Modifies short term production schedules to minimize risk of service issues.
- Maintains Master data accuracy within the SNP and JDE systems on an as needed basis. This includes SNP and JDE item set up, BOMs accuracy including scrap factor, supplier information, lead time, order quantity, strategies and production run size information.
- Responds to exception messages in MRP to achieve required service and inventory goals
- Places releases (POs) with supplies for components and raw materials against contracts set up by Corporate Purchasing (Blankets).
- Maintains supplier database, contact information, monitors suppliers' performance such as on time deliveries.
- Manages FG and raw/packaging inventory levels to meet corporate, plant and individual weekly/monthly/ yearly goals. Reconciles FG discrepancies.
- Manages Obsolescence for assigned brands to minimize the financial exposure to the business caused by a change to an existing product or discontinued product.
- Recommends changes to procedures and work plans to improve overall management of inventory with objective of reducing inventory without increasing the risk to customer service.
- Provides DRP as necessary to support the outbound shipping of finished goods by the plant Logistics Dept. Communicates "hot" load information.
- Follows up with LCs and carriers to prioritize shipments and ensure on time delivery for FG at risk of out of stock.
- Works with Logistics to minimize cost of transportation by reducing OTR vs IM, and increasing direct shipments
- Maintains strong working relationships with all departments within the plant and with all external customers and suppliers.
- Manages all EPD projects to ensure launches occur on schedule for assigned brands. Participates in NPD projects to ensure the planning responsibilities are covered for new product launches.
- Obeys the plant Quality Systems Procedures (QSPs), related SOPs, control plans and work instructions to maintain compliance with ISO requirements.
- Maintains appropriate records as required by SOPs to ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- Actively supports and participates in the plant objective to foster a self-managed team-based environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Planning Dept. Manger and Materials Manager.
Is This You?
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent job experience
- 2 - 4 years of actual hands on MRP planning, scheduling implementation or related system knowledge. A good understanding of production operations.
- Knowledge of Quality System Procedure and SOP's
- Effective Communication Skills (Mutual Understanding & Support)
- Project Management
- Effective Team Dynamics Skills
- Effective Meeting Skills
- Strives for Continuous Learning to Keep Skills up-to-date
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, JDE, SNP
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In return RB will offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as continued development and career progression on a Global scale.
Don't delay speak to your manager about making your next move and Apply Today!
RB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
Back to top