The incumbent in this role will work within a Research & Development (R & D) team responsible for designing, validating and commercializing processes for infant and toddler nutrition products. The incumbent will apply scientific and engineering principles to facilitate the design of robust and safe processes for liquid and powder products, while also helping the team identify new technologies and improve the existing ones. The role will involve significant amount of hands-on work in the laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing environments. Combination of office, pilot plant, and commercial production environments with the percentage of each varying with the stage of projects. Some travel, including international, is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a part of this role, the incumbent, after completion of a basic orientation and training, will:
- Conduct experimental trials and heat penetration studies in lab or pilot plant environments independently or under supervision of senior team members.
- Use and maintain basic food lab instrumentation such as pH meters, viscometer, weigh balance, water activity meter, and powder tester. Order lab supplies when needed.
- Assist product development and pilot plant associates in experimental trials, equipment operation, facility clean-up and sanitation.
- Comply with EHS, GMP, and GLP practices and policies.
- Resolve processing-related problems using hypothesis driven structured problem solving.
- Keep organized thermal process records and laboratory notebooks in compliance with good scientific and regulatory standards.
- Collect and analyze data, write experimental protocols and project reports independently or under supervision of senior team members.
- Communicate technical information, both written and verbally, to R&D and other cross-functional teams.
- Manage time, space and material resources to allow for efficient and timely delivery of project or departmental objectives.
- Embrace team work attitude and display strong work ethic while working effectively with all levels of personnel in a lean, heavily matrix organization.
The incumbent will deepen their expertise in thermal processing and process engineering through this role, while developing their problem-solving abilities and leadership skills. They will be provided opportunities to work closely with and learn from our senior team members and professionals that are shaping the future of infant & toddler nutritional products industry.
- B.S. in Scientific and/or Technical field. Completion of Better Process Control School desirable but not a must.
- Experience with food/diary unit operations including spray drying and aseptic processing is preferred, but not required.
- Tenacity for scientific problem-solving.
- Strong computer skills utilizing common software tools, such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment under pressure and tight time constraints while displaying high degree of teamwork, flexibility, and collaboration.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime.
- Flexibility for occasional travel to manufacturing locations to assist with plant trials.
- Some mechanical skills desired.
- Ability to lift 25kg bags of materials.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top