Principal Process Engineer - Innovation & Clinicals
- Serves as R&D Process Engineering representative or Team Leader for Innovation Projects and/or Clinical Projects with functional or cross-functional teams to accomplish desired objectives.
- Develop and execute Innovation and Clinical project timelines.
- Develop and deliver influencing and strategic technical communication to key stakeholders, management, and team members with compelling technical recommendations and the business case for implementation.
- Responsible for simulating, developing, and optimizing processes to fully leverage varying manufacturing capabilities at domestic and international sites.
- Identify innovative concepts and technologies, perform rapid technical assessments, and incorporate into functional and commercially viable processes as applicable.
- Develop, monitor, and control budgets for projects and innovation efforts as applicable.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate experiments from bench-top through commercialization, including scale-up and qualification, of existing and new manufacturing processes across all MJN product categories.
- Manage Technicians to accomplish department objectives and develop the engineering team.
- Collaborate with other technical disciplines, such as Product Development Scientists, Package Engineers, Plant Engineer, and Project Engineers to solve problems while working across boundaries and applying knowledge gained from colleagues.
- Applies sufficient understanding of instrumentation, process control, and all unit operations in a technology platform toward development of Functional Requirements governing process design and control.
- Applies understanding of HACCP, GMP's, safety and environmental standards, and regional requirements to innovations in equipment and process design to facilitate the seamless transition of global projects to regions.
- Prioritize project tasks based on business value and strategy while setting resource needs for executing against commitments on project timing.
- In capital projects, provide input or leadership for process design, process parameters, and qualification.
- Applies structured problem analysis to provide timely, risk compensated, and data based solutions to product and process issues.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical or Food Process Engineering or related fields such as Food Science and Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or Bio systems Engineering.
- Experience with multiple food/diary unit operations including spray drying and/or liquid processing is required.
- Strong Project Management experience is required. PMP certification from Project Management Institute is a plus.
- Strong Technical Leadership skills and experience in process research and development experience.
- Tenacity to scientific problem-solving and stringent criteria for accountability in decision making.
- Excellent innovation and analytical skills coupled with commitment to continuously seek feedback and build alignment with key stakeholders.
- A strong history of leading by influence and delivering results with excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated history of success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, multi-task environment under pressure and tight time constraints where a high degree of teamwork, flexibility, and collaboration are required.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel in a lean global R&D matrix organization.
- Combination of office, pilot plant, and commercial production environments with the percentage of each varying with the stage of projects.
- Some travel, including international, is required.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top