Principal Process Engineer
- Evansville, IN
- Lead/Co-lead in the implementation of Global capital projects and/or workstream for the organization, from the conceptualization stage to turnover to the Regions ensuring adherence to all company technical/standards, timetables, approved budgets and optimum personnel utilization.
- Provide technical assistance to other departments and divisions for Process development, system audits, and product commercialization.
- Collaborate with the Regional Process Engineers in preparation of Process Specification.
- Prepare and review technical documents necessary for the above responsibilities.
- Lead projects with functional or cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives of innovation and renovation projects.
- Develop and deliver influencing and strategic technical communication to key stakeholders, management, and team members with compelling technical recommendations and the business case for implementation.
- Responsible for simulating, developing, and optimizing processes to fully leverage varying manufacturing capabilities at domestic and international sites.
- Identify innovative concepts and technologies, perform rapid technical assessments, and incorporate into functional and commercially viable processes as applicable.
- Develop, monitor, and control budgets for projects and innovation efforts as applicable.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate experiments from bench-top through commercialization, including scale-up and qualification, of existing and new manufacturing processes across all RB/MJN product categories.
- Where applicable, manage Process Engineering Technician(s) to accomplish department objectives and develop the engineering team.
- Apply detailed understanding of instrumentation, process control, and all unit operations in a technology platform toward development of Functional Requirements governing process design and control.
- Apply understanding of IQ, OQ, PQ, validation, and technology transfer concepts for the execution of the engineering projects
- Apply understanding of HACCP, GMP's, safety and environmental standards, and regional requirements to innovations in equipment and process design to facilitate the seamless transition of global projects to regions.
- Prioritize projects based on business value and strategy while setting resource needs for executing against commitments on project timing.
- In capital projects, provide leadership for process design, process parameters, and qualification.
- Apply structured problem analysis to provide timely, risk compensated, and data based solutions to product and process issues.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical or Food Process Engineering or related fields such as Food Science and Technology, Biosytems Engineering.
- Candidate must have proficiency in Process Engineering, reaction kinetics and modeling, equipment design, thermodynamics, and process optimization.
- Candidate should have experience in technical writing, Process and Quality Assurance Documentation, and Technical Presentations.
- Proficiency in Computer software - Autocad, Minitab, Microsoft Office and other useful work tools in the accomplishment of tasks.
- Significant experience with multiple unit operations including spray drying is required.
- Experience in liquid processing, including conventional and aseptic processing/packaging would be considered as a plus.
- Dairy and nutritional products processing and packaging experience is preferred.
- Strong Technical Leadership skills and experience in process research and development experience.
- Tenacity to scientific problem-solving and stringent criteria for accountability in decision making.
- Excellent innovation and analytical skills coupled with commitment to continuously seek feedback and build alignment with key stakeholders.
- A strong history of leading by influence and delivering results with excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated history of success. 10 or more years of experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, multi-task environment under pressure and tight time constraints where a high degree of teamwork, flexibility, and collaboration are required.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel in a lean global R&D matrix organization.
- Some travel, including international, is required.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top