Planning & Logistics Manager
About The Role
T his is a key role which forms part of the Site Leadership Team. Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Supply Director, the Planning and Logistics Manager has overall responsibility for planning, logistics and inventory management, ensuring 'superior' customer service and inventory management is delivered.
- To provide and draw up strategic long term plan of resource and space management (equipment & people) for the factory
- To develop the team to ensure planning is seen as 'world class'
- To provide the team with technical support on planning, stock management & warehousing
- To ensure consistency of practices and procedures across planning and logistics.
- To ensure Purchasing & QA understand planning constraints when selecting Suppliers.
- To optimise stocks level in DC with the customer logistic teamwork
- To develop & promote JIT with Suppliers without jeopardising cost, and quality.
- To ensure project transfers (suppliers to suppliers, suppliers, to in house, NPD, etc.) are delivered on time.
- To maintain a knowledge of legislative and safety issues in transport.
- To manage the logistics factory budget
- To Identify despatch constraints and their consequences across the supply chain
- To manage the logistic people including recruitment, development and career planning.
- To monitor and implement KPI's which control and improve departmental performance
- Degree in relevant Manufacturing/Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Significant FMCG and GDP experience within a Planning/Supply Chain environment with people management and budget control.
- Experience of managing healthcare products is desired, but not essential
- Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving are key along with tenacity, tough-mindedness and ability to influence and demonstrate strong team working abilities and commitment
- Positive, results driven and flexible to respond to ever changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple activities
- Able to motivate and inspire others. Can deliver through people as well as on own.
- Need to plan and organise work loads to provide direction for the function.
- Able to work under pressure- hitting targets, delivers on-time
- Able to and have confidence to communicate clearly to all levels of the business.
- Able to analyse figures for problem solving / investigation work.
- Strong improvement focus; constantly challenges the status quo to develop self and teams to perform to a higher level
- Tenacious and tough-minded, has personal drive to work under pressure- hitting targets, delivers on-time
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Planning & Logistics Manager to join our Belle Mead team.
This role is responsible in Planning & Logistics.
Is this You?
- Tenacious and tough minded
- Motivated by results
- You are comfortable disrupting the status quo
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top