Packaging Tech I
The Packaging Tech I is responsible for providing the Technical and Operational Skills needed to deliver world class results in the key areas of Line Efficiencies, Quality, and Cost while meeting our high standards of Safety, Customer Service, and Teamwork.
The Packaging Tech Line Owner is a critical step in the development towards more senior operations roles. A typical career progression looks like the following:
Packaging Tech I → Manufacturing Tech → Packaging Tech III
- Most likely: 3rd: 11:15pm - 7:30am
Likely: 2nd: 3:15pm - 11:30pm
Least likely: 1st: 7:15am - 3:30pm
- Follows all applicable Safety Rules and policies including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), HAZCOM, Process Safety, Lock Out/Tag Out and Emergency Action.
- Completes regular documented Safety Audit and initiates Corrective Action as needed.
- Completes accident and incident reports as needed.
QUALITY & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
- Follows current work instruction and insures adherence to the Quality Control Plan and related SOP's.
- Performs SPC Control Charting and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Follows all applicable waste, scrap reduction and recycling guidelines.
- Achieves required OEE levels on assigned Packaging Line(s).
- Performs, practices good Housekeeping.
- Consistently demonstrates leadership abilities on designated lines that he/she is operating.
- Trains and certifies new Technicians, Operators, and Temps as needed.
- Works effectively in a Team based work environment.
- Able to send and receive E-Mail in a timely and effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
- Manufacturing Line Technicians regularly work an eight (8) hour shift - overtime (including weekend work) is common and required.
- Frequent lifting of tools and equipment up to 50lbs. is required.
- Frequent reaching, bending, twisting, turning in performance of duties.
- Walking, standing and climbing stairs and crossovers are common.
- Work is indoors and temperatures are seasonably normal for factory/production operations.
- Noise levels are within acceptable limits except in KP Room (Gas House) where hearing protection is required. (Proper use of PPE is always required.)
- Ventilation is adequate; however, there is noticeable odor of cleaning products, which is normal in Household Products Liquid/Aerosol production operations.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The incumbent may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
TECHNICAL & OPERATIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience operating packaging line equipment like Can Depalletizers, Sorters/Orienters, Filler/Capper, Valve Inserters, Labelers, Sleevers, Heat Shrink Wrap Tunnels, Case Formers, Case Packers, Conveyors, Palletizers, Unitizers, Gasser, Crimper, Thermoform, Blister Machine, etc.
- Experience operating packaging line and related equipment from startup, through all manual adjustments (like clearing jams), to shutdown.
- Experience troubleshooting packaging line equipment problems to determine root cause and making effective repairs and adjustments in a timely manner.
- Experience performing scheduled Preventative Maintenance (PMs) to insure equipment efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to set up and change over all Packaging Line equipment in a timely manner to insure minimum down time and smooth start up.
- Experience using computers for data entry and reporting purposes.
- Must have strong communication skills and command of English, both verbal and written.
- For future promotional opportunities, mechanical and/or electrical experience operating maintenance equipment like the lathe, drill press, welding equipment, power and hand tools, pipe threader, hydraulic press, band saw, table saw, etc. and appropriate measurement tools like micrometers, scales, gauges, PC for CCMail, on-line SPC, etc.
Expect responsibility. Expect challenges. Above all, expect rewards. And expect them all much sooner than you would anywhere else. Apply now and see just how much responsibility you'll enjoy.
Interested candidates must apply online at RB's website at www.rb.com/careers in order to be considered. Please refer to job requisition number HIL0010A.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Back to top