- To ensure 100% availability of materials to meet an agreed production plan whilst minimizing inventory.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Material Planner to join our Planning team.
- Support and validate the Master Production Schedules for each relevant production value stream.
- Manage and improve the flow of in-bound materials from external suppliers to meet production plans and manage stocks.
- Identify, scope and implement alternative order patterns/replenishment techniques with Purchasing
- Monitor capacity of supplies to manage supply vulnerability.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to resolve any issues in achieving plan
- Understand customer demand profile and material usage patterns to determine future replenishment policy
- Ensure materials are ordered only through agreed processes and systems.
- Provide visibility of risk items to operations/stakeholder.
- Minimize RM/PM stock holding & ensure the stock held is required for production within a given horizon
- Coordination of incoming material flow (inbound logistics) from vendors, LCs and intra-companies
- Identify expired materials and the subsequent actions required
- Control & implement the pack change process ; reflecting the discontinuation of old materials and the introduction of new bills of materials
- Identify implications when materials are discontinued and agree actions with Supply Planner including obsolete stock disposal.
- Ensure robust process and MRP system setup
Suppliers' performance monitoring in terms of orders execution.
- Measure and support the delivery of strategic net working capital reduction target
Develops and executes material planning for a product line. Ensures that all material requirements for assigned programs are satisfied within the allocated time frame
- Use and maintain MRP data as the primary planning system tool
- Raise Purchase orders from MRP system ensuring timely placement and delivery of components in line with production planning requirements.
- Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to suit production planning requirements
- Coordinates flow of materials within the manufacturing facility. Coordinates transfer of materials to and from inventory or warehouse
- Schedules and controls the release of materials. Monitors material inventory in the plant, in the warehouse, and by critical suppliers
- Generates forecasts and manages the replenishment planning for parts and materials; ensures specified service levels are realized
- Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory on existing items, new product introduction and phase outs
- Agility to respond to any changes in the market or factory.
- Clear communication to key contacts internally and externally.
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Hands-off management of indirect reports
- Ability to work without supervision
- Experience of statistical reporting, forecasting and understanding of financial and operational impacts of forecasting
Skills & Experience required:
- Educated to a high standard with previous customer service experience in an FMCG, Pharmaceutical or Retail environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and a detailed understanding planning processes.
- Detailed knowledge of MRP processes and systems.
- Fluent in English with good oral and written communication skills
- MPS/MRP experience is essential
- Strong Organization skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent Ms Excel skills
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- People Management skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality standards
- Well organised and prides themselves in attention to detail
- The ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to motivates others
- Good project management skills
- The ability to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
- An understanding of health and safety
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top