Logistics Center Manager
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Logistics Center Manager to join our Supply team.
About the role
The LC Site Leader will lead their region's Logistics Operation to ensure delivery to customer's expectation. They will have full accountable for the Distribution Center's KPIs (Safety/ Quality/ Service/ Cost/ People) and ensures a solid Transportation strategy is in place to deliver against Customer's requirements. This role also provides local oversite for a significant Custom Manufacturing Operation (i.e. Display/ Special Pack production) within the Logistics Center. The role will report directly to the NA Logistics Director who has responsibility for Transportation, Warehousing and Custom Manufacturing.
- Leads the site's/ region's strategy to drive best in class Logistics operations (Warehousing, Transportation and Custom Manufacturing); hands on leader to ensure delivery of significant revenue ($1B+).
- Full financial accountability for warehousing and custom manufacturing budgets ($15M+) and close collaboration with Transportation for delivering regional freight (in & out) spend.
- Responsible for driving operational drumbeat (daily/ weekly/ monthly) with the on-site RB and 3PL teams to outperform all Safety/Quality/ Compliance, Service and Cost results.
- Leads site/ region's continuous improvement program; warehousing/ transportation/ on-site custom manufacturing to drive significant cost savings and service improvement.
- Cost to Serve leader for region; collaborating closely with Customer Supply Chain to disrupt our go to market plans and improve our service with our diamond customers (OTW, OTIF, supply chain win-wins, etc)
- Owns relationship with all critical logistics partners - Warehousing 3PL, Custom Manufacturing temp agencies, Carriers, Real Estate owners/ brokers, Vendors, etc; leading tenders and supplier improvement programs aimed at Service improvements and cost reductions.
- Leads site's Safety/Quality/Compliance plan for a highly regulated facility; regular interaction with external agencies (FDA, DEA, Board of Pharmacy, Department of Natural Resources, etc).
- Member of the NA Logistics lead time aimed at driving standardization and out performance across the entire region; bringing in best in class systems and processes to the RB logistics network.
Is this You?
- Degree qualified, preference to Business/ Supply Chain or Engineering/ Operations
- 5-7 years experience managing logistics in a comparable environment; preferably in a fasting moving CPG or consumer health environment
- Operations background required (Daily Direction Setting, Scorecarding/ Gap Analysis, Driving high standards, High Performing Organizations, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution network principles, practices, methods and procedures used in CPG logistics.
- Experience governing on-site 3PL; management of strategic relationships & contract negotiations.
- Experience managing foundational Quality & Health/Safety/Environment systems a plus; including experience with FDA/DEA/etc.
- Strong cost/budgeting experience; Cost ownership is critical.
- Previous management of Transportation and knowledge of the local market is highly beneficial.
- Experience with on-site (or external) Custom/ Display Manufacturing operations and labor strategies.
- Advanced PC computer proficiency; Tier 1 Warehouse Management Systems, Planning/ ERP Systems, Transportation Management Systems, Excel/ Powerpoint/ etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and generate results in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills.
- Written and oral communication skills; presentation and training skills
- In-depth interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to relate to different cultures, language, and people, resolve problems and conflicts and demonstrate trust and integrity.
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver .
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through bette rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top