Junior Production Scheduler
Role Purpose: To produce production plans for a given group of production lines/resources to deliver excellent service to our customers, whilst optimizing factory efficiencies. To work closely with suppliers to ensure raw material & component availability and optimal stockholding.
- Junior production scheduler reports to the planning manager and has responsibility for planning a group of lines or resources, this will include bringing in the required materials to meet the production plan.
- The junior production scheduler can have several direct reports (planning vendor schedulers), depending on the size of the manufacturing area managed.
- The junior production scheduler will ensure that resources are effectively planned against a customer demand considering Manufacturing\Procurement\Planning\QA\Logistics.
- The junior production scheduler will work with these team to identify improvements in supply processes to improve procurement lead times, factory material throughput and reduce RB stock.
- The junio r production scheduler will need to consider Net working capital in both the markets and in the factory to deliver high service to our customers whilst minimizing stock (either in market or within the factory)
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Junior Production Scheduler to join our Planning team.
- Produce and administer a sequenced weekly production plan
- Produce an optimized medium term manufacturing plan (12 wks)
- Tailor all plans to consider available capacity, line efficiency and cost
- Identify and plan stock-builds as required (e.g. regulatory, capacity)
- Liaise with Customer service team to understand and meet market needs
- Communicate component & raw material requirements to suppliers to ensure on time delivery whilst considering cost and warehouse impact
- Develop close, working supplier relationships in order to improve vendor performance and reduce inventory holding
Manage new product introduction and graphic change projects, including recovering any costs incurred (obsolete stock) from markets
- Work with the Materials Manager to identify and agree action plans for aged stock & expiring stock
- Initiate, implement inventory control and reduction projects (both in market and in the factory)
- Produce data as required to understand service risks\capacity constraints\stock at risk eg traffic light reports
- To administer and deliver Department KPIs (eg service, schedule adherence / Stock Holding)
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
- Ensuring that the production plan effectively meets customer demand
- Agility to respond to any changes (either in market demand or within the factory) to keep the factory running efficiently and to quickly resupply Out of Stock\Distress items
- Ensuring through direct contact with key suppliers that materials are scheduled which meet the production plan whilst minimizing inventory
- Clear communication to key contacts internally and externally: MPS, Activity Management, Customer Services, production managers, TRM's, Manufacturing Cells, Warehouse Team, Incoming QC, Procurement, Suppliers, RB Distribution Centres, RB Commercial Units, External Manufacturers
Is this You?
- Experience of Planning\Procurement for 2 years (ideally in an FMCG environment)
- Detailed knowledge of planning processes
- Detailed knowledge of MRP process & systems
- Excellent Excel skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Team management experience preferred
- Good communication skills with a strong focus on customer service
- Ability to make timely decisions based on logical assumptions, factual information & consideration of resources, constraints & organization values
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work and resources appropriate to requirements
- Achievement focused and able to work in a direct and often pressurized environment.
- Experience of working as part of a multifunctional team, ability to network & build effective working relationships with people within and external to the organization at all levels
- Ability to challenge & influence people when necessary
- Ability to manage, coach and motivate a team
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top