Jr Quality Engineer
About the role
The primary responsibilities of the Jr. Quality Engineer are to actively support Quality and Operations Packaging & Filling Processes, identify and implement process improvement opportunities, and support New Product Development (NPD)/Existing Product Development (EPD). This position is responsible for assuring Quality of products "On Shelf" and improving Consumer Experience. Duties include developing, revising, improving Quality System and related SOPs, Control Plans, and Work Instructions, as well as performing materials sampling/testing - routine lab testing is an integral part of this position.
Perform routine tests according to Technical Documentation Systems and Global Manuals.
Review existing specifications and make recommendations for revision where appropriate.
Inspect and approve new components, new products.
Organize and manager finished product retains, retrieval, disposal.
Maintain Aerosol QA Lab, i.e., equipment maintenance, calibration, and housekeeping.
- Ship samples from Line Trails, First Production to external parties.
- Support Production and Line Teams in evaluating in process problems and assist with defect prevention activities; Isolate and control non-conforming and trial material.
- Use problem-solving methodologies to facilitate risk assessments on quality-related issues.
- Make decisions to accept or reject items not conforming to Quality Standards.
- Participate in CAPA and Internal Audits for Production processes, GMP, EHS and other as part of Overall Quality System Audit.
- Provide routine Quality Performance data, SPC Summary for CI and Maintenance.
- Contact and work with suppliers when there is a component failure or non-conformance.
- Investigate and provide Non-Conforming material documentation and follow up for return and or corrective action.
- Monitors the quality performance of suppliers as designated and communicate actions to QA/Operations.
- Collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities to increase Product Quality, Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction.
Is This you?
- BS in Engineering Sciences desirable: such as Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or related.
- 1 to 2 years of Quality Assurance experience preferable or equivalent technical experience via Internship or Co-Op in an Industrial Manufacturing Firm.
- Chemistry background is be a plus
- Knowledgeable or familiar in quality analysis tools such as SPC, PFMEA, DMAIC, Lean Manufacturing, Acceptance Sampling, etc.
- Basic Statistical Techniques Skills, of Metrology and Calibration, Problem solving, analysis skills.
- Familiar with quality control methods, tools and techniques, Good communication, organizational and time management, data analysis, reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English; Strong interpersonal skills; Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to work with others as a "team" player is critical; Able to be critical and accept criticism.
- Requires Experience or Development in the area of ISO Standards, Internal Audit, CAPA, Risk Management, SPC.
- Must gain working knowledge of Lab-testing.
- Proficient in use of software such as MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Minitab.
- Experienced user of Mobile Applications, Social Media, Outlook
- Capability to learn new software such as QMS, SPC, Trackwise, InfinityQS/SPC, LEEDS, Master Control
In return RB will offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as continued development and career progression on a Global scale.
Don't delay speak to your manager about making your next move and Apply Today!
RB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
Back to top