Head of Safety Quality Regulatory & Compliance (SQRC)
Head of Safety Quality Regulatory & Compliance (SQRC)
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Head of Safety Quality Regulatory & Compliance (SQRC) to join our Safety, Quality & Compliance team in Austin, TX.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to lead the SQRC team in RBs latest acquisition, Upspring.
Acting as a key member of the Upspring management team and the face of SQRC to build and imbed the RB SQRC culture into the business.
In this role, the individual will lead a Quality, Safety and Regulatory team to deliver the UpSpring SQRC remediation program, support the launch of NPD pipelines across a variety of product categories and build strong, robust SQRC systems, processes and culture to enable the business to grow in a long, sustainable way.
Scope / Dimensions of Role
- Lead the SQRC team to establish and implement a Quality Management System that allows the business to grow rapidly whilst ensuring visibility and maintenance of regulatory compliance and quality assurance of products.
- Have oversight across all SQRC disciplines, and be accountable to deliver UpSpring SQRC Remediation program, support the launch of NPD pipelines across a wide range of regulatory classifications, e.g. VMS, medical devices, cosmetics, establish robust SQRC systems/work processes, and embed RB SQRC culture into UpSpring
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
With the support of the team, ensure the following is delivered:
- Acting as a coach/trainer to wider functions of the business on the use and implementation of key policies and procedures.
- Auditing, approval and continuous improvement of 3 rd party EMOs and suppliers critical to the supply of Upspring products.
- Deliver SQRC remediation program for existing UpSpring Portfolio
- Generation and maintenance of Technical Agreements with all involved third-parties up to date, including clear roles and responsibilities and minimum requirements
- Lead and co-ordinate the resolution of quality , regulatory and product safety issues affecting products i n market
- Acting as the key lead/contact for Health Authority inspections
- Participate in regular management reviews and lead quality management reviews.
- Establishing and reporting of meaningful KPIs and steering the business in their use as means of continuous improvement.
- Implement of effective quality systems and procedures across the business such as deviation, change control and risk management.
- Lead effective process for Complaints Management
- Support GMP/GDP internal audit plan execution and CAPA tracking till completion .
- Ensure proper SQRC documentations are generated
- SQRC support for NPDs is provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Embedding a strong SQRC culture into a new area of the business.
- Taking a firm position on product quality and compliance matters despite commercial pressures and escalating to senior management where required.
- Ensuring that the QMS remains fit for purpose by accommodating changes to local regulations and RB policies.
- Ensuring that changes to products and supply chain are assessed and managed correctly through an established change management system
Professional Qualifications / Experience
- At least 5 years of SQRC experience working in a Healthcare, Hygiene, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Device related industry.
- Experience in the auditing and management of 3 rd party EMOs and suppliers is preferred.
- Knowledge of key Regulatory and Safety principles
- Quality experience in direct or 3 rd party manufacturing is preferred, such as in process QA/QC .
Key Competencies / Personal Attributes
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Bias for action, capability to define, evaluate and take risks
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Capable of building strong working relationship
- Stand alone
- Presentation skills
Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility.
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top