Global R&D Process Engineer
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Process Engineer to join our team.
As the business goes through complete transformation, known to us as RB 2.0, we're looking for an Outstanding Engineer to take on the role of Global R&D Processing Engineer. The Processing Engineer will be responsible for process design and development capabilities within the Research & Development function for RB's leading Health Hygiene Personal Care and Surface brand. This includes working with R&D formulators to define the best manufacturing methods for new products, supporting industrial trials at global manufacturing sites, and partnering with the supply teams to optimize and harmonize current manufacturing processes. Particular focus for this role will be on personal care cosmetic and OTC products including liquids, creams, bar soaps and wipes formats supporting the Dettol brand.
- Design and execute required pilot plant work in support of new product development activities including production of consumer product test samples and developing new/optimized processes for new formulations.
- Provide guidance and support product formulators with the transition of small-scale laboratory method into commercially viable large-scale process; validate new processing by ensuring they can be properly controlled and reproduced in manufacturing plants.
- Partner with key functions - R&D, supply, regulatory - to continuously improve manufacturing methods and define global standards for RB personal care brands; develop proposals and support for any new equipment/capex required to support new launch/development activities
- Propose process design to maximize operational efficiencies in current manufacturing facilities globally. Work with supply teams to identify the cost optimal approaches to reducing cycle time.
- Effectively document through written reports all process development activities to enable the effective transfer of new processes to manufacturing site.
- Analyze and resolve processing-related problems that arise in manufacturing, jointly with factories manufacturing team
- Provide and manage a safe, accident-free laboratory and pilot environment. Follow all company safety rules in performing job duties
- Maintain pilot plant and keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Lead any design and implementation of cGMP process laboratory facilities in line with current manufacturing standards.
- Travel to global manufacturing sites (mostly in developing markets) to support industrial trials, first production runs and or problem solving for existing manufacturing/process issues. Travel required upto 25% of the time.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering Discipline (preferably Chemical) and 5 years' experience, or MS degree in Engineering Discipline (preferably Chemical) and 3 years' experience, or PhD in Engineering Discipline (preferably Chemical) and 1-year experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in Chemical Batch Processing Operations preferably in personal care or OTC pharmaceutical environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP and/or FDA regulatory compliance.
- Working knowledge of appropriate software tools - CAD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and problems solving skills in dynamic environment where managing multiple priorities is the norm
- Strong intellectual curiosity with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories and an openness to change and ability to think out of the box.
- Strong personal leadership skills, good presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and solid team player who is willing to challenge the status-quo
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top