Global Engineering Compliance Manager, Americas
Global Engineering Compliance Manager, Americas
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Global Engineering Compliance Manager, Americas to join our Safety, Quality and Compliance team in Parsippany, NJ.
Job Overview and Scope
Part of our Safety, Quality, Regulatory and Compliance (SQRC) function, the team is part of our investment in leading edge capabilities, to build safe, sustainable and compliance operations globally, ensuring a resilient and future-proof business. If you have a civil and construction, process, production or project engineering background, and you want to make a real difference in these newly created roles, then this is the opportunity you've been looking for!
Acting as an SME coach & independent assurer of Engineering Compliance throughout RB sites operations, including ensuring 100% compliance with local law and developing RB Standards & Guidelines, your role will include reviewing and maintaining sites' gaps in compliance and coordinating site visit activities.
Key accountabilities include:
- Plan visit schedules that ensure 100% compliance with RB standards and also targets high risk sites
- Planning 1-2 week trips in different geographical locations within a set travel budget
- Maintaining awareness of regulatory and Corporate related developments for which may affect compliance
- Coordinate planning activities with other compliance functions to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of group audit programmes
Implementation and Operation
- Conduct in depth visits at manufacturing, owned logistics, R&D and commercial office sites within the applicable region. The audits will focus on RB standards, legal compliance.
- Develop and maintain detailed action plans and dashboards for each site to ensure that they achieve 100% compliance against all minimum requirements
- Prioritise and conduct follow up audits for all sites to ensure close out of actions
- Take immediate action on site, even if this means stopping operations, if significant non-compliances are identified.
- Provide detailed reports of visits and conditions of site to Global Director Compliance
- Assess competence and culture on site to ensure no gaps in knowledge from Leadership and Engineering teams and recommend improvements
- Provide regular progress updates to the SQRC team and senior business leaders as required
Training and Education
- Create and deploy new Global Standards
- Coach sites on requirements of standards during visits approach to help achieve consistent standards across all sites
Is this You?
- With a relevant degree level qualification or equivalent - eg Mechanical/Electrical/ Civil/ Process/Controls Engineering, you'll be in a leadership role within an FMCG manufacturing environment;
- Good understanding of overall legislation applicable to a manufacturing site in one or more countries, coupled with good overall knowledge of Safety & Risk (e.g. process safety, LOTO, electrical safety, manual handling, contractor safety, vehicle safety, chemical & hazardous material handling, occupational health, Process Safety), and also environmental issues relevant to air emissions, water, waste water, waste, hazardous chemicals;
- Expert knowledge in 1 or more fields such as Process Engineering & Safety, Civil Structural Engineer, Electrical & Controls Engineer, Packaging Equipment Engineer, Maintenance.
- Pharmaceutical construction experience would be advantageous;
- Your technical expertise will be coupled with a willingness to make tough decisions when required, with the confidence to support all decisions you make and robustly deal with challenge from all levels of the business.
- Be highly organised, in terms of both personal approach and reporting, to ensure all actions are suitable, practical, compliant and achievable
- Solutions oriented, you'll blend a positive & pragmatic attitude to compliance in all activities, while not accepting any poor practices or behaviours.
- Be willing to globally travel up to 70%
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through better business. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave .
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top