Forklift Operator – 2nd shift
Who We Are
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Forklift Operator - 2nd shift to join our Belle Mead Manufacturing team.
A 'snapshot' of what we offer:
- Tuition reimbursement
- 4 weeks' vacation, 12 holidays, competitive salaries & bonuses,
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave
The Forklift Operator operates powered Lift Truck equipment to load, unload and move products, materials and equipment and is a fully participating and effective member of a "Self-Managed" Logistics Team responsible for delivering World Class results in the key areas of Quality, Safety, Customer Service and Cost.
This Position is Responsible For:
- Receiving: Unloads trucks, trailers, or other vehicles and moves merchandise to the appropriate areas.
- Shipping: Loads finished goods from Production to appropriate trailers for shipment.
- Material Handling: Relocate material within the warehouse from one location to other locations as necessary and moves all necessary components, etc., from storage to production activities as needed.
- Prepares and fills out necessary documentation on all receiving forms, shipping documents and production tallies as needed.
- Regularly operates the following equipment; personal computer and printer, Bar Code Scanner, telephone and fax, copier, lift truck equipment to include fork lift, pallet jacks and clamp equipment.
- Operates hand or power driven trucks for receiving, shipping and production coverage activities.
- Operates scales and stretch wrap equipment necessary for distribution activities.
- Maintains department good housekeeping and safety standards.
- Operates bar-coding equipment to move and locate material in all areas of the plant.
- Has knowledge of personal computers used in the warehouse area for producing bar-code labels, inventory information and receiving & shipping paperwork.
- Follows all applicable waste and scrap reduction, recycling guidelines.
- Hazardous Waste Operation (HAZWOPER ) training and certification may be required (provided by company)
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with RB local and Global EHS Policies and programs (i.e., PPE, HAZCOM, Lockout Tag Out, process safety, etc.)
- Participation in EHS programs (i.e., Behavior Safety Observations, near miss reporting, etc.)
- Timely completion of all EHS training
- Accurate and timely completion of Inspections, reports and forms required to comply with EHS rules and regulations
- Where required, additional EHS training such as Hazardous Waste and/or HAZWOPER. Training will be provided in order for the employee to fulfill the requirement of his/her position.
- Participate when needed in EHS internal/external audits and/or regulatory inspections
- Active participation during incident investigations and promoting all safety activities/events
- Understands and is accountable for following: all Quality, GMP, and cleaning standards and guidelines
- Follows current work instruction and ensures adherence to the Quality Control Plan and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Performs Statistical Process Control Charting and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Performs and practices good Housekeeping.
- Trains new Hires and Temps as needed.
- Works effectively in a Team based work environment
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
- Packaging Operator regularly works an eight (8) hour shift - overtime (including weekend work) is common and required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and mandatory overtime as needed.
- Frequent lifting of tools and equipment up to 50lbs. is required.
- Frequent reaching, bending, twisting, turning in performance of duties.
- Walking, standing and climbing stairs and crossovers are common.
- Work is indoors and occasionally outdoors. Temperatures are seasonably normal for factory/production operations.
- Proper use of PPE is always required.
Is this you?
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a team based warehouse/manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and mandatory overtime as needed
- Demonstrated competency in attention to detail, accuracy, work standards, initiative and managing work
- Must have strong communication skills and command of English, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with computers, software, and data processing
Don't delay your next move & apply today!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top