Financial Analyst, Record to Report
- Evansville, IN
Financial Analyst, Record to Report
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Financial Analyst, Record to Report
to join our Finance team in Evansville, IN.
This position is part of the IFCN Global Financial Shared Services (FSS) organization, and will support the Record to Report (RTR) function which includes the following areas:
Month-End Close, and
Finance Master Data
Global Month-End Close and Inter-Company Processes
This role ensures that we have an efficient and robust end to end close process.
- Responsible for a timely, accurate and successful close process. Primary contact for all close related topics in the Market or Corporate teams (CFA/CFR/Tax/GSC/Treasury)
- Provide Corporate, Region or Market with effective support. Liaise closely with teams to build/maintain good relationships and work on joint activities
- Monitors systems used for the close process (ie, Trintech, BPC/FUSION/HFM) to ensure they are functioning as planned. If not, works closely with the IM team on sev1 issues, fixes, upgrades etc. Identifies or executes functionality improvements, user control requirements, maintenance and enhancements.
- Support outsourced provider during the Financial close. Participate in Global prep and close calls, identify blockers and find immediate resolution to meet timelines.
- Helps maintain global design/template and works with appropriate group on any touch point or requirement.
IBM BPD (outsourced business process delivery center) Month-End Close Oversight
This role provides analytical support to the BPD Record to Report process focused on general ledger, fixed assets, treasury, and intercompany.
- Actively participate in defining and monitoring metrics regarding service level performance results with outsourced provider. Participates and supports process improvement recommendations/initiatives
- Conducts / manages gap and root-cause analysis to determine performance issue. Drives action and resolution through BPD/Markets
- Identify, communicate and when applicable, implement improvements to BPD process and month end tasks
Finance Master Data
The role for master data ensures governance, compliance and alignment of all SAP and BPC master data structures in the RTR process.
Master Data Governance
- Master Data Review & Authorization. Monitors and tracks all requests from creation to final documentation. This includes but is not limited to Company code set up, Cost Element/Center/Group, Profit Center/Hierarchy/Group, GL Accounts, WBS etc.
- Ensures that the creation of master data is aligned with Global Design and Structure
- Provide guidance in the use of accounts ensuring consistency across regions/markets
- Ensures that configuration/design aligns with basic master data concepts. Provide inputs on SAP configuration decisions when required
- Provides guidance to key processes such as FX Revaluations, Cost center allocations and Alternative/Country Chart of accounts/ local ledgers.
- Provides guidance to other work streams such as PTP, OTC etc. in relation to posting issues and requirements
IBM BPD (outsourced business process delivery center) Master Data Oversight
- Provide guidance support on all master data related questions and issues
- Provides training support to promote an independent, knowledgeable and highly efficient team
- Ensures that Business Policies & Procedures (BPP's) are kept current
Master Data Compliance
- Provide support for systems and internal control master data audits
- Periodically review or test to ensure that all requests are properly approved and documented
- Monitor monthly BPD validations and reviews.
- Ensures master data alignment between ECC and BPC.
Other Activities (as assigned)
- Support RTR Manager to ensure that core SAP related to RTR is functioning well, aligning with IM team on tickets, functionality improvements, routine changes, user control requirements, maintenance and enhancements.
- Support the maintenance of global design/template, prioritize based on need and works with appropriate group on RTR SAP touch point or requirement.
- Manages GRC and other security requests from the IM team.
- Coordinates with the market or region on SAP requirements
- Tools/Interface Support
- Project Management
- Lead, participate or manage projects that support company initiatives and improvements.
- Serve as liaison between key stake holders.
- Provide support for IM, Process owners, Region/Market, Corporate teams (CFA/CFR/ Tax/GSC/Treasury) on configuration, accounting and or FSS related questions.
- Compliance Management
- Reviews, maintains and defines appropriate SOP's, BPP's, Work instruction or Policies and procedures required for role. Conducts the appropriate read and understand to end user.
- Responsible for ensuring that documentation is updated and aligned to reflect the current processes.
- Keep Service Provider updated with additions and changes to Policies & Procedures
- Respond to inquiries on Policies & Procedures and maintains share point site for communication, training materials, archiving etc.
Collaborative Team Work
- Liaise closely with Service Provider, Region and or directly with the MJN business units to build/maintain good relationships, consistency of service and timely resolution of escalated issues
- Liaise with MJN business partners and ensure agreed objectives/targets are met
- Provide Manager RTR with effective support
- Promote team co-operation within the FSS organization & throughout the shared service center
BS/BA Accounting or Finance, required
CPA/CMA or MBA preferred
Minimum 0-5 years of experience in accounting preferred
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting systems, processes and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of client relationship and team management
- Experience in project management and or process improvement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office application skills
- Good presentation, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to align strategic goals and objectives with work requirements
- Ability to understand, define and work with accounting concepts, processes
- Ability to manage customer expectations and demands, sell benefits to customers, and build and maintain customer confidence
- Ability to facilitate day to day operational tasks and urgent/critical issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and team members
- Understanding of SAP design and structure
- SAP experience desirable
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through bette rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people . We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days .
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top