Facility Systems Technician
This is a hands-on technical position in which the team member is expected to perform the tasks necessary to ensure key critical facility equipment and systems are operated, maintained and documented with quality controls, government reports and department records. These tasks include preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and operating the various systems and equipment as well as lend support to the maintenance and engineering departments with facility issues.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Facility Systems Technician to join our Facilities team.
Scope/Dimensions of the Role:
- This position is very self-directing, as this associate is expected to perform assigned tasks with minimal guidance and supervision on days, evenings and weekend shifts as needed.
- The technician will be fully accountable for the operating and maintenance of key facility equipment that will require an in-depth knowledge and strict attentiveness to quality controls and gov't. regulations.
- This team member functions as the Facility Safety Coordinator and trains, analyses, recommends, and implements safety improvements to ensure a safe working environment.
- Documentation is a primary function for this position as it relates to the functionality of specified equipment and systems. Report writing, cataloguing documents, evaluating data, maintaining permits and certifications, working with Change Controls and Deviations, and compiling documents for SOP.
- This person must be able to interact with govt. agencies and consultants in completing the job tasks assigned to this position
- This team member is responsible to conduct or complete a Break-Down-Analysis for correcting and preventing of downtime assigned to the facility department.
- This position is expected to improve upon the design and function of the facility equipment and participate in the selection of new equipment.
- This individual will be assigned projects of various complexity and cost associated with the assigned systems which they are expected to operate and maintain.
- As a Facility System Technician, assigning parts to the MRO, overseeing contractor work, establishing documentation for each piece of equipment and writing PM's is a fundamental work task.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs utilities and building maintenance in conjunction with production requirements.
- Manages contractors for service and maintenance activities.
- Inspects production equipment for mechanical defects and coordinates repairs to improve efficiency and ensure standards are consistently met.
- Coordinates and prioritizes emergency repairs to minimize downtime and / or items that will affect quality and safety.
- Analyses and recommends safety improvements to ensure a safe working environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Plan for, establish, and perform preventative and predictive maintenance according to the schedule.
- Working in a team environment, maintain the facilities, warehouse equipment and support production equipment and personnel as needed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must provide excellent customer service to all internal customers.
- Responsible for the purchase of spare parts, procurement of quotes for equipment, and equipment modifications within prescribed budgets.
- Must improve the design and function of the facilities equipment.
- Plan for, establish and perform preventative and predictive maintenance and operate systems according to the schedule.
- Expect to work with a variety of technical facility systems and processes. Can work safely with meters, equipment and tools and can correctly interpret data.
- Must support quality and production personnel as needed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must provide excellent customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Should be involved in the ordering of parts, procurement of quotes for equipment, and production modifications within prescribed budgets.
- Continually plan, develop and complete equipment improvement projects focused on capacity, quality and cost.
- Support successful implementation of planned maintenance and new projects.
- Support the escalation process for system stoppages or breakdowns of more than 15 mins.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in the operating of assigned systems.
- Must provide accurate documentation and management of change for the assigned system and equipment.
Is this You?
- 5+ year's facility maintenance experience in vitamin, food, chemical, or pharmaceutical environment. Other facility or production related type maintenance will be considered.
- A proven background of performing and improving preventive maintenance and autonomous maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of plant utilities including HVAC, steam, cooling water, Purified Water, dust collection, compressed air, wastewater treatment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have effective communication skills both verbal and written (English) and the ability to interact well with other departments in a team environment.
- Analytical skills with drive to implement improvements
- Must have good computer skills (Microsoft Office, MS Windows) etc.
- Must be physically able to bend and twist.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Understanding of building and facilities management processes and systems
- EP608A refrigerated systems
- Further educational courses related to maintenance
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of RB's Employees
Associate Brand Manager
Bunmi seeks to unlock new consumer insights and develop long-term strategy for growing the brand he supports, a role which also entails managing promotions and other daily tasks.
Back to top