Facilities Maintenance Manager
- Somerset, NJ
About the role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, and leading a team of Maintenance Mechanics, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for support of all functions of the manufacturing plant's operation including; Packaging, Processing & Logistics, Facilities, Bldg & Grounds. Will lead the Maintenance support for all areas to ensure achievement of plant's Operational, Safety, Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Analyzes production and facilities downtime data and develops and implements corrective actions to improve production processes.
- Develops and implements and leads the Preventive Maintenance process to ensure effectiveness in supporting the reliability of the plant's operation.
- Coordinates the Maintenance activities with production departments to insure uninterrupted plant operations.
- Assures continuous service of utilities; analyzes and reports cost of utilities and explores alternatives that will result in greater economy, safety and reliability.
- Prepares maintenance budget requests and manages spending allotted to the department under the approved annual FOH & VOH budgets.
- Coordinate and manage needed support from outside contractors and equipment manufacturers.
- Knowledgeable of the plant's ISO-9002 Quality System and related SOP's and Control Plans. Insures effective implementation of Quality System in Engineering and Maintenance.
- Performs functions inherent in all supervisory positions including performance evaluation and Training & Development programs for mechanics and packaging technicians.
- Supports the Plant Cost Reduction/Improvement Program.
- Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of the Maintenance Team. Gives timely feedback and coaching. Provides developmental assignments to achieve high performance. Ensures the availability and implementation of effective training programs.
- Participates in ongoing self-development to insure professional, functional and industry competence.
- Demonstrates Reckitt Benckiser values, leadership and Manufacturing functional competencies.
- Ensures that Maintenance team's compliance with all appropriate regulations, rules, policies and procedures (i.e. Federal, State, Corporate, Plant - EEOC, OSHA, EPA, FDA, GMP.
• College degree or equivalent (5 to 8 years) experience.
• Knowledge of processing and packaging lines, facilities operations and HVAC and boiler operations.
• Must have strong experience in technical operations and demonstrated project management skills
• Must have ability to develop employees and influence others in order to meet manufacturing objectives
• Strong knowledge in ISO 14001, Quality Control Plan, related SOP's and work instructions
• Expertise in Safety, Health & Regulatory requirements
• Solid skills in using Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Must have ability to occasionally come in on second and third shift when needed
Expect responsibility. Expect challenges. Above all, expect rewards. And expect them all much sooner than you would anywhere else. Apply now and see just how much responsibility you'll enjoy.
Interested candidates must apply online at Reckitt Benckiser's website at www.rb.com/careers in order to be considered
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top