Electronic Technician Apprentice
- Holland, MI
Summary: The apprentice learns skills associated with calibrating, troubleshooting and repairing wide variety of electro mechanical equipment while enrolled in an electrical apprenticeship program. Work is completed within a highly regulated pharma-type environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Complete an electrical apprenticeship program
- Obtain a State of Michigan Journeyman electrical license after completion of the apprenticeship program
- Perform a variety of instrument calibrations (pressure, temperature, flow, speed) using various calibration tools and equipment
- Inspects, troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic equipment
- Efficiently troubleshoots electrical and PLC & distributive control system (Delta-V) issues
- Makes decisions on equipment diagnosis & repairs to prevent potential product issues(micro/foreign contamination) and/or equipment downtime
- Performs assigned preventative maintenance
- Completes all necessary transactions, reports and documentation
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment
- Ability to use independent judgment and work well within a team environment
- Establishes strong working relationships with key customers, colleagues, leadership and demonstrates accountability with a focus on customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: 2 year technical degree (electronic or electrical engineering). Experience working with electrical/electronic equipment in a manufacturing environment would be a plus. Knowledge of packaging, liquid and powder processing equipment would be a plus. An understanding of maintenance reliability best practices, safety, quality, cost, HACCP, GMP and regulatory compliance is a plus. Strong analytical and people skills are necessary in this position.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Frequently required to talk or listen to maintain communications. Use of hand held radio when necessary
- Reach with hands and arms, stoop, knee or crouch
- Frequently lift and/or move 10-35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent changing of shoes at physical shoe change zones and frequently wash hands with mild anti-bacterial soap before entering into production environments.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise =or> 85 dBA in some areas; Hearing protection required
- Moving equipment
- Hot product or chemicals traveling through enclosed lines near work area depending on duty being performed
- 95% of work is indoors with 5% outdoors.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top