- St. Peters, MO
About the Role
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the Environmental Health and Safety Engineer is responsible for performing and initiating all activities in support of environmental/safety and security initiatives. Manage all site employees involved in EH&S activities. This would include all aspects of employee management such as environmental, health, and safety oversight, safety mentoring, embracing change, being persistent and having determination to sustain a safe and healthy work site.
- Oversee safety assessments and audits as well as resolution and follow-up of corrective actions identified during assessments.
- Manage hazard identification, analysis and control programs.
- Participate at initiation phase of equipment installation and set up to assist in design for safety, health, ergonomic and environmental principles.
- Develop and lead the implementation of safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Set standards to which others will be held responsible and accountable. Maintain procedures to keep current.
- Develop training materials to support environmental, safety and health programs.
- Promote employee awareness of environment, health and safety through training and continual facility wide communication.
- Develop and implement proactive environment, health and safety programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain EH&S Performance Measurement Programs (i.e., audits, metrics), tracking and reporting progress.
- Create and facilitate EH&S teams and/or committees as needed to meet safety objectives.
- Provide expert technical assistance to the department and to the business units.
- Participate and represent Reckitt Benckiser in internal and external working groups, committees and conferences having to do with EH&S.
- Build effective relationships with the corporate EH& network to ensure consistency of systems.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations pertaining to health, environmental and safety standards.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and assist during regulatory inspections.
- Keep apprised of development in federal, state and local safety and environmental laws.
- Develop and manage accident and injury investigation program.
- Manage workers compensation program and costs.
- Review and interpret data from accident and loss event reports and other appropriate sources to identify causes, trends and relationships.
- Initiate investigations when appropriate.
- Establish target areas and long range accident risk reduction and cost control objectives
Is this You?
- Four year college degree preferably in Environmental & Safety but not required.
- At least five to eight years experience as an environmental/safety professional or similar background is required.
- Establish controls and accountabilities for safety and health in the workplace.
- Act as the operations technical expert on all safety, environmental, and health issues.
- Solves the right problems by defining problems and recognizing broader implications.
- Understands who the various stakeholders are and communicates across the matrix effectively so that people understand how the issues impact them.
- Understands that all members of the team working together to achieve team goals are more effective than individual contributions.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top