Data and Insights Manager (eCommerce)
Data and Insights Manager (eCommerce)
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Data and Insights Manager (eCommerce) to join our Sales team in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The e-Business team is an end to end organization within the RB Home and Hygiene business. Our vision is to be a data centric business that provides superior shopper experience. You would be creating a new data and insight practice within this team that would help fuel our brands to the next orbit of growth.
Directly accountable for building robust and agile insight generating capabilities across power brands such as Lysol, Finish, Airwick etc. with remit across Amazon.Com 1 st Party, 3 rd party (Marketplace customers), Pure Play and Bricks & Clicks (WMT.com/ TGT.com). You will be responsible for aggregating data sources and identifying actionable insights that would help the business understand bottlenecks as well as opportunities in the market place.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Business Analysis Excellence (Estimated time spend: 40% of working hours)
- Responsible for weekly analysis and reporting of business performance with the focus of delivering due to's - insights around what is driving growth and what is limiting it
- Scope would involve Amazon 1P, Amazon 3P, B&C customers (WMT.com/ TGT.com etc)
- Success in this would mean being able to articulate drivers of growth by connecting all the marketing levers such as search, media performance along with commercial levers such as promotions, price change etc.
- Would have to work through data sources such as amazon vendor central, amazon media services portal, search tools such as marin, bench tools as well as digital shelf indicators such as clavis.
- On a monthly level would track competition performance for key segments using one click retail (OCR) to identify action.
- Similar to monthly key portfolio analysis, would also track key commercial growth platforms (such as Instacart, Amazon F3, Walmart online grocery platform) performance on a monthly level.
- Support the commercial team with adhoc analysis on their customers and its portfolio.
- Create trackers for the team as well as document own analysis that could help the broader team leverage it whenever they want.
- Proficient with data systems and technology platforms. Starts becoming the team champion on systems such as ABVP, Clavis, Rodeo, One Click etc.
- Consumer Insight fundamentals (Estimated time spend: 30% of working hours)
- Help identify medium and long term incremental opportunities based on 'always on' consumer insight.
- The level of insights could include (but not limited to)
- Identifying untapped consumer segments that are currently engaging with our products and campaigns
- Identifying content and creative hooks based on searches and reviews
- Identifying untapped search domains and keywords in adjacent spaces where we might have a right to win though search
- Identify trends and white spaces that could be leveraged to launch new product innovations
- Success in this bucket would mean identifying 1 - 2 incremental opportunities at a monthly level (pressure tested) that the activation and innovation team could take forward to execution. Would expect not only the idea but also thoughts on the go-to-market strategy.
- Would have to be comfortable with analysing qualitative data and connecting the dots to build hypothesis.
- Consumer data sources that can be leveraged as a starting point: amazon ratings and reviews, shopper buying behaviour and basket analysis, shopper and category research such as Path to purchase, consumer research such as Amazon insights.
- Build a thorough knowledge of their respective brand and category through consumer, shopper research. Become the 'go-to person' within the team for brand and consumer insights.
- Data technology stack strategy (Estimated time spend: 30% of working hours)
- Work closely with the BSI (global business insight team) and technology team to build technology stacks to automate the data and insight process. As business lead, you would be responsible for mapping the business requirements, understanding what technology and systems are there in-house and how we build the capability together
- Understand external vendors, their unique data capabilities and articulating a clear point on view on whether it makes sense to partner with them. If yes, execute pilots to validate the capability.
- Ensure validation and sanctity of our Data lakes.
- Work on futuristic capabilities (such as machine learning and artificial intelligence) to build algorithms that can guide our go-to-market strategy. This workstream will not only shape the way the eBU team works but also would be leading the industry.
- Managing multiple stakeholders and their continuous data/ insight requirements. Able to prioritize time and multiple projects efficiently
- Being able to bring together data points from various data systems (POS, media metrics, category metrics) to holistically look at the business impact.
- Skim through the superfluous amount of data to identify deep actionable insights
- Staying ahead of the curve in this continuous changing ecommerce data landscape. Ability to map out opportunities, pilot capabilities quickly and integrating new capabilities into the eBU operating model processes.
Professional Qualifications / Experience
- Degree educated from a US or international recognised university
- MBA or degree in statistics a plus
- 2+ years' experience as an insight practitioner for consulting / research and advisory group
- Career in leading CPG company/ e-commerce/ e-retailer a plus
- Exposure to data tools and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Cross function exposure to other business operations.
- Entrepreneurial and financially & commercially astute
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, willingness & passion for continuous improvement and learning about the online business
- Curious and has a hypothesis mindset
- Creative problem solver
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker
- Need to be agile: Ability to respond to last minute requests and adapt to changes
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while staying organized
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial and should be able to act independently without lot of guidance
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strongly results oriented with demonstrable track record of success
- Self-motivated, highly flexible and takes the initiative to do what's needed (Ownership)
- Team working skills (Team Spirit)
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through bette rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people . We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days .
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top