Consumer Safety Manager-VMS
- Montvale, NJ
Consumer Safety Manager - VMS
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Consumer Safety Manager - VMS to join our Safety, Quality and Compliance team in Montvale, New Jersey.
We are currently seeking a Consumer Safety Manager, Vitamins and Dietary Supplements to join our team. Join RB and be part of a global FMCG powerhouse, whose Powerbrands hold No. 1 positions in many worldwide market categories. RB has built its success on a quick-thinking, fast-acting culture, so this is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible and dynamic environment that will have real impact on a business that continues to outpace the global markets.
The Global Consumer Safety Department is a key function within RB, ensuring the safety of all innovative and marketed products, driving safety by design and ensuring the application of risk assessment and safety compliance across the business. This role is based in our Health Business Unit and will involve providing toxicological safety expertise to ensure the Consumer Safety and Risk Management of all RB products marketed as Vitamins and Dietary Supplements, such as Megared, Move Free and Airborne.
The scope will involve serving as a primary point contact for the business managing safety aspects of vitamins, dietary supplements marketed by RB. This role will also have global responsibilities by working in partnership with other safety managers to represent and fulfil the responsibilities of the Global Consumer Safety Function.
This role involves business partnering with key stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met, while ensuring technical leadership to oversee the impact and safety assessments of innovative and in-market product formulation.
- Provide safety expertise and leadership by partnering with key business leads (e.g. R&D, Commercial, Regulatory, Quality, Medical and Supply Chain) to ensure appropriate product design and commercialization of products throughout the lifecycle of RB food supplement products.
- Assist and collaborate with other food safety leaders in RB to develop Global best practice guidance and training for the implementation of food safety policies, standards, systems, programs and analytical services, to support the vitamin and dietary supplements category in RB.
- Provide subject matter safety/ toxicology leadership producing key safety documents, where appropriate, to support RB brands.
- Provide effective and timely communication of key safety issues, scientific information and risk assessments related to RB vitamin and dietary supplements, to key stakeholders.
- Review product labels and claims to ensure compliance with regulations and requirements as applicable.
- Support innovation by conducting due diligence or reviewing external innovation where required.
- Monitor emerging issues, assessing the impact and providing risk based expert recommendations and escalation of any potential issues that could impact the business related to vitamins, dietary supplements and nutrition.
- Establish and maintain key contacts with relevant external organizations and expert forums to ensure rapid data assimilation and RB representation on issues impacting RB.
- Leverage company position with advisory, regulatory, governmental and scientific bodies through recognized expertise.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Toxicology, Nutritional Science (or a related discipline) with 5 years+ experience of relevant experience in food safety.
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, critical thinker and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment delivering superior business results in a culturally diverse organization.
- Strong business-partnering skills, and the ability to influence technical decision-making in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and document within a formal risk assessment.
- Ability to critically review and analyze scientific literature.
- Proven experience and strength in conducting and documenting food safety ingredient and product assessments.
- Expertise in designing, conducting and monitoring toxicological tests.
- Innovative and Creative thinking, especially in the context of risk mitigation strategies.
- Strength in leading and coaching technical teams, preferably in a consumer healthcare company.
- Understanding of safety-relevant regulatory requirements, legislation and policy for VMS products in the US and/or other global regions/countries; k nowledge of global Food Safety regulations, and HACCP to manage food-related hazards.
- Effective project and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization and externally.
- A strongly ethical approach to safety and risk-based decision making.
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through bette rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people . We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days .
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top