Chemical Process Operator, 1st Shift
RB is different: 'good enough' isn't good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Chemical Process Operator, 3rd shift to join our Belle Mead Manufacturing team.
The role of the Chemical Process Operator is to produce finished bulk product for Packaging ensuring safe operations, product quality, on time delivery and the efficiency of Processing Operation. The successful candidate will be working Fridays 12 hrs; Saturdays and Sundays 12 hrs
TECHNICAL & OPERATIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Follows detailed written methods, instructions and formula for mixing, blending and compounding specific ingredients in precise amounts for the manufacture of consumer and industrial products.
- Distinguishes between various raw materials by proper labels and physical properties.
- Prepares and makes ready all materials for manufacturing.
- Monitors change of temperature, pressure, visual appearance, physical changes and other significant developments which serve as an indication of process progress. Notifies Manager of any problems with batch or equipment.
- Performs routine physical or chemical tests necessary for adjustment and provide samples of finished product to Quality Assurance for testing and approval.
- Maintains working knowledge of all pipelines, connections, valves, storage and location of all equipment necessary for this operation.
- Maintains clean work areas, cleans manufacturing and storage tanks, all lines and all other equipment, using steam and various cleaning agents as required.
- Monitor machinery and equipment to assure it is operating properly and make minor mechanical adjustments when necessary. Perform routine preventative maintenance. Contact the proper authority for major adjustments or repair.
- Fills BMT's as required with proper packaging and labeling materials or manufacturing orders requesting raw materials.
- Operates Lift Truck to move/store raw materials.
- Assists Raw Material Operator with receiving all bulk raw materials delivered by rail cars or tank trucks in Tank Farm.
- Assists in taking inventory as needed (daily, weekly, and annual).
- Works as a fully participating member of a self-managed work team running the day to day Processing business with direction from the Processing Lead.
- Hazardous Waste Operation (HAZWOPER ) training and certification required (provided by company)
- Active member of Spill Response Team - may require use of respirator; based on level of HAZWOPER Cert.
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with RB local and Global EHS Policies and programs (i.e., PPE, HAZCOM, Lockout Tag Out, process safety, DEP, TCPA, etc.)
Participation in EHS programs (i.e., Behavior Safety Observations, near miss reporting, etc.)
- Timely completion of all EHS training
- Accurate and timely completion of Inspections, reports and forms required to comply with EHS rules and regulations
- Where required, additional EHS training such as Hazardous Waste and/or HAZWOPER. Training will be provided in order for the employee to fulfill the requirement of his/her position.
- Participate when needed in EHS internal/external audits and/or regulatory inspections
- Active participation during incident investigations and promoting all safety activities/events.
- Understands and is accountable for following: all Quality, GMP, and cleaning standards and guidelines
Follows current work instruction and ensures adherence to the Quality Control Plan and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Performs and practices good Housekeeping.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
- Must be able to work Thursdays & Fridays 8hs; Satursdays and Sundays 12hrs
- Frequent lifting of tools and equipment up to 50lbs. is required.
Frequent reaching, bending, twisting, turning in performance of duties.
- Walking, standing and climbing stairs and crossovers are common.
- Work is indoors/outdoors and temperatures are seasonably normal for indoor factory/production and outdoor Tank Farm operations.
- Proper use of PPE is always required
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a Chemical Processing environment
- Black Seal License and relevant experience in High Pressure Boiler Operations
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and mandatory overtime as needed
- Able to read and understand email MSDS and Labels
- Demonstrated competency in attention to detail, accuracy, work standards, initiative and managing work
Must have strong communication skills and command of English, both verbal and written
- Proficient with computers, software, and data processing
- Strives for Continuous Learning to Keep Skills up-to-date (including Black Seal Boiler License)
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top